Sets [KLD] Kaladesh Spoilers Thread

Dom Harvey

Contributor
still prefer originals to promos in virtually all cases, this hasn't dented that at all

I love it when they experiment with new borders within regular sets though

I hated the expeditions as well - thought they looked dull, didn't like the frames, the art, and had a Polluted Delta stolen from me in the prerelease.

These masterworks, though, look way better and with the new wording + border, are something I can see paying extra for. Hope the foiling is not that hard layer like FTV.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
blossomingdefense.jpg

I always found the GG on vines of vastwood to be more awkward than I wanted it to be, so half but both over here might be alright

glintnestcrane.jpg

Man, I'm really excited by the better body here. Can someone stat out how much this thing sucks?
Like I know we don't want 100% success chance of this because that would be insane, but still

10 artifacts is 71%.

My math:

10/39 = 25.6%
10/38 * 74.4% = 19.6%
10/37 * 54.8% = 14.8%
10/36 * 40.0% = 11.1%
Hypergeometric function is the correct function to use here. At 10 artifacts in a 40 card deck, if you play the crane on curve (one cards drawn on the play), you get 80% success rate. Augur for the same # of instants and sorceries is 68%.

8 artifacts in the deck about matches the probability

looks like a balanced jace architect of thought. maybe too fair
cool welder fuel. nvm read it wrong

Scrap heap Scrounger is awesome. Very much looking forward to finding a slot for it. Just gotta be careful that my already strong black doesn't get too many toys. This is the sort of pushed card that tilts me towards

In my 3 damage sweeper spot

That's a weird card. What happens if it dies and you get it back, can you use the second ability to get all the cards exiled by all versions of Bormat Courier?

That's a weird card. What happens if it dies and you get it back, can you use the second ability to get all the cards exiled by all versions of Bormat Courier?
1/24/2013 Nightveil Specter’sBomat Courier's last ability applies to cards exiled with that specific Nightveil SpecterBomat Courier, not any other creature named Nightveil SpecterBomat Courier. You should keep cards exiled by different Nightveil SpectersBomat Couriers separate.

That's my take on it, so no

If you get 3 attacks in with this and it survives until you dump your hand, it can be a draw 3. That's the best case. Worst case, this is a 1/1 haste, which is bad. Really tough card to evaluate, I'd test before drawing conclusions.

Yeah, this set is full of weird cards that are tough to evaluate. That's why I don't mind the occasional pushed straightforward powerhouse like Chandra or Cloudblazer, since so much of the rest of the set is so interesting. I'm really happy with it so far.

I love this set so much. Artifacts were a fledgling theme that were kind of difficult to pull off with cool payoffs but not enough ways to get there, but we've gotten so many interesting cards. That hasty Mailbug is interesting for sure, but I have no idea what the average case would be. I wouldn't really want to have to play with a red up the rest of the game if I've exiled enough relevant cards with it. I'm never underestimating -x/-0 effects on walkers as a plus again, Dovin Baan looks like a strong fair UW walker that really buffs control, I'm just not sure if it's more interesting to play that my current offerings in UW (plus being a walker and all, don't want too many). The Scrounger is pretty sweet, we've gotten so many buffs to black aggro in the last two years. I think I like my current set-up as is, however.