Sets [KLD] Kaladesh Spoilers Thread

If you get 3 attacks in with this and it survives until you dump your hand, it can be a draw 3. That's the best case. Worst case, this is a 1/1 haste, which is bad. Really tough card to evaluate, I'd test before drawing conclusions.

I'm always keeping an eye out for more cheap discard outlets, and this is a rather nice one. Getting very close to feeling good about a madness theme.

skywhalersshot.jpg
#savetheskywhales

metalworkcolossus.jpg
This is crazy! You can cast it on curve the turn after a Hedron Archive. And it interacts with the Graveyard?? I'm in. Unless it's too good... not sure about that.

Great Daretti target, and generic reanimator target too, if only for the ginormous body. This card is sweet.

View attachment 1142
This is crazy! You can cast it on curve the turn after a Hedron Archive. And it interacts with the Graveyard?? I'm in. Unless it's too good... not sure about that.

Great Daretti target, and generic reanimator target too, if only for the ginormous body. This card is sweet.

I like it too! It feels like a more fair version of some other big stupid robots we've had before. It's also a nice way to give people a reason to durdle around with artifacts that aren't mana rocks as well. (I'm thinking about stuff like that ETB 4cmc one we saw earlier).

perpetualtimepiece.jpg

*Lab maniacs intensifies*
I really like that it mills you really quickly and is a way to get stuff back from your graveyard. If you have the time for it, this can let you tutor your best cards back into your deck in the end game when you've decked yourself. Very cool card.

I like it too! It feels like a more fair version of some other big stupid robots we've had before. It's also a nice way to give people a reason to durdle around with artifacts that aren't mana rocks as well. (I'm thinking about stuff like that ETB 4cmc one we saw earlier).

perpetualtimepiece.jpg

*Lab maniacs intensifies*
I really like that it mills you really quickly and is a way to get stuff back from your graveyard. If you have the time for it, this can let you tutor your best cards back into your deck in the end game when you've decked yourself. Very cool card.
Hadn't even thought about how it incentives other artifacts beyond mana. The Crystal Ball and Trading post look even more attractive when they can ramp out a 10/10. Nice!

That self mill card does look very cool. Very interesting way for any color to interact with the gy towards the end of filtering deck quality. Coykd definitely see running it.

My problem with huge artifact creatures is goblin welder. Potential turn two 10/10's can be problematic, but I will conceed it's a pretty cool card.

Blue is better at stocking the graveyard than white, and blue is better at taking advantage of artifacts than white. That makes Argivian Restoration much better than Refurbish, and Argivian Restoration is kind of bad.

I would love Metalwork Colossus if it had menace or trample. Maybe trample would be too good, but vanilla bodies just don't really impress me.

I'm not nuts about using the "dies to removal" argument or whining for an ETB or a keyword, but unless Metalwork Colossus dodges a lot of removal or your format has an extremely boring range of top-end options, I can't imagine that this is gonna be very exciting unless you're jamming a few pieces of keyword-granting equipment, as you're probably looking at an average-case scenario of dropping it T6 and tapping out, which doesn't stack up favourably to just about anything, be it Scuttling Doom Engine or even the more fringe-y Duplicant. I think the ability to recur it a few times definitely makes it worth thinking about, but if I'm planting tools to wheel to the artifact deck, I'm not sure that this is really the coolest or most interesting card on offer - though I will admit that it is at least a very serviceable reanimator target.

Speaking of artifact tools,

Foundry Inspector is tolerable as a 3/2 for {3} if you're looking to give a little help to artifact decks, though I'm not sure it's in most of our power levels. Restoration Gearsmith looks really cool, though! I'm of course kinda bummed that Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter didn't turn out to be a little jazzier, but I guess this works well in an artifact cube.

How do we feel about:

Probably not quite what we want, but it's at least kinda interesting, right? Works great with Brainstorm? Eh, eh?

Finally, I have to say that I'm kind of interested in Refurbish. This set looks like it's giving a very real possibility to make {W}{R} an artifacts-matter pair in a cool way, and white has always been a little starved for excitement, I think. But we'll see; I'm probably being too generous.

i've wanted refurbish for a long time

this set in general is a lot of stuff i wanted for a long time. too bad i dont play anymore

I'm really liking the support cross color for artifacts. I like this card, so it'd be nice if there are enough other black cards for it to be able to have a home. This one combos pretty well with the marionette master! 3 to the face and a 6/4? Sweet deal!

masterofmarionettes.jpg

Master of Marionettes

Fabricate 3 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on it or create three 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature tokens.)
Whenever an artifact you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, target opponent loses life equal to Master of Marionettes power.

Look, a thing to do gross combos with! Neat.

Disciple of the Vault has been hitting the gym