Sets (LCI & REX) Lost Caverns of Ixalan and Jurassic Park spoilers

Looking for basic effects, maybe maps get you a basic land from the deck? Like Traveler's Amulet? If so, that could lead to another draft environment where you could easily go ham with colors.

Also, does Kellan here mean, that we get advetures in Ixalan too? Would certainly make sense for the world and they've said, that they want to try and find more mechanics that can be in multiple sets.

Certainly we could get adventures in Ixalan, but my bet's that he's going to be the sole "Adventurer" unless someone else from Eldraine came through the Omenpaths with him. Him having Adventure is the mechanical/story through-line between sets IMO

They've definitely shown that they're willing to do more one-off mechanics--the definitely-not-Triomes in New Capenna spring to mind. I wonder what data convinced them that this was more acceptable than they thought!

Map
Token Artifact - Treasure
When Map enters the battlefield, Explore.
Raid - At the beginning of your end step, transform Map if you attacked this turn.
{T}, sacrifice Map: Add one mana of any color.
///
Landasaurus
Token Land Creature - Dinosaur
When Landasaurus transforms, it fights target creature.
{T}: Add {c}.
Enrage - Put a land from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
1/1

This is totally a reasonable trinket, right? :p

(I think I got all of OG Ixalan's mechanics in there...)

I think just scry N would be weird for a map. I feel like it needs some connection to lands. I also wouldn't be shocked if Ixalan got a deeper lands theme this time, maybe more landfall as well (fingers crossed).

No, Mark Rosewater said it's a 1-of, tied-to-the-character thing

Too bad, seems like a perfect opportunity to use a big mechanic for two sets in a row.

We also already have a scry token (Shards), another reason I like the Sac: Explore token Strionic suggested.

Too bad, seems like a perfect opportunity to use a big mechanic for two sets in a row.

I don't mind the 1-of with Kellan, though I agree it would be great to see a mechanic rock back up after a set or two before it rotates

Throwing my hat in the ring for Map predictions: they ETB tapped, but can be tap/sac'd to make an additional land drop this turn or something like that.

I also was hoping for that. Also because one thing I really miss from the old "block" rotation was the mechanical development of abilities

We also already have a scry token (Shards), another reason I like the Sac: Explore token Strionic suggested.
Not only are they thematically planeswalker-specific, they also draw a card. Calling it a scry token is a bit of a reach. And explore being set-specific is why I assume they wouldn't want to do it, since they have grown pretty fond of these trinkets and it would make it hard to reuse elsewhere (not that they have reused clues or blood outside of their original context and products with more complexity freedom).
I think just scry N would be weird for a map.
Maps generally get you lands, but I don't think it's that thematically off. They help you find directions, which is conceptually pretty close to card filtering.

Saying Shard tokens are scry tokens is like saying Blood tokens are card draw tokens (like Clues). Yeah it scries. That’s like 20 % of the token value.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
We only have the words of WotC to go by, but since their main motivation is to lure in new spending players so Ca$hbro gets more money, I don't see why they would lie on this specific topic. By their own admission, "Low complexity" was tried for years to attract new players, but that actually failed and didn't appeal to new players at all. Excitement and dynamic gameplay is what they want, not simplicity. They reiterated that point by saying that data suggests that complex cards with cool and unique mechanics actually draw new players in, as they find them cool and want to learn more, and that commander is succeeding with new, casual players partially because of that. So, to answer your specific questions.

Are we sure they like cards with a lot of words? Or do they like complex cards?
New players like complexity on cool cards, and they don't like low complexity. It's not the number of words that matters per se, but apparently they are not turned off by a high word count.

Or do they specifically like Gollum?
It's not specifically Gollum they like, it's just the card they liked the most. I don't know if other examples were named, but WotC did state cool complex cards in general are drawing in new players, whereas simple cards don't. Even a newbie recognizes when cards are boring, it seems. We can (and do) complain about increased complexity and word count on this forum, but let's be honest, when did you last see someone get excited over Thraben Purebloods? :)

And are we sure it’s not only newbie players who like it and actually all of people?
I assume WotC is honest in this regard as well. By their own words they are talking about newer players here, not about heavily enfranchised older players.

Honestly, the funniest thing that I've gotten out of the NEW BOOSTER thing is that you could probably make a pretty reasonable cube where all of the creatures are just draft-chaff vanilla creatures. Oh, sure, a lot of us have been seduced by the modern approach to creatures (where they have to be all that and a bag of chips), but there's a certain... honesty to the Good Boys.