General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Hey, I am looking for +1/+1 counter pay offs in {R} and/or {G}, that fit into an aggressive deck. The only card I could think of so far is this guy:

And this spell:

Well... if it doesn't need to say "+1/+1 counter",

Seems a bit weak, but the idea is just "power matters" works too.

Ion Storm looks sweeeet. Have you tested it anywhere?

Well... if it doesn't need to say "+1/+1 counter",

Seems a bit weak, but the idea is just "power matters" works too.

Oh, yeah power matters works too. I'm intrigued by the phoenix, but the rest of the cards look either a little strong, or a little weak on their own and are named wild beastmaster :S

I like this as a signpost for +1/+1 counter decks, although it increases the variance between good and bad draws a lot.

Hesy, guys, I'm looking for more aggressive discard outlets in {R}{G} (or colorless), to support the madness-aggro startegy I'm pushing lately. I know some people here have a similar thing going on, so maybe you know something I didn't find or think of.

Currently I'm running these:

They should be cheap and ideally playable on their own or when you don't combine them A+B style with an Arrogant Wurm or Honored Hydra immediately.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I'd still look at Tormenting Voice/Cathartic Reunion; they aren't inherently aggressive, but it's easy to unload your hand the turn after and make up for lost time. This is more true the heavier your version of the deck leans towards aggro-combo

Oh, yeah, that thing is perfect. In the cube it goes, thanks!

Hmm, I feel like they're both a bit akward. Axe is useless if you don't have something to discard at hand and the key seems a little low impact for an aggro deck to invest 2 mana early in.

I'd still look at Tormenting Voice/Cathartic Reunion; they aren't inherently aggressive, but it's easy to unload your hand the turn after and make up for lost time. This is more true the heavier your version of the deck leans towards aggro-combo

Yeah, Tormenting Voice is fine, other decks can also find 1 card to pitch for the draw. But I don't think it is that easy with Reunion. 2 cards is quite a bit to ask for I mean.

Also, funny how those mechanically similar cards are flavored so differently, right? I mean, is seeing your mom again after years the logic next step from going crazy? :D

Cathartic Voice isn't really that hard to cast, because there's the base-level smoothing effect where you might have too many (or too few) lands in hand. It's easy to pitch your 1 graveyard card and a spare mountain

Yeah, I play Cathartic Reunion in budget (heirloom but with paper and slightly higher budget) Welder deck and it’s pretty easy to play. You don’t have to discard the perfect 2 cards each time to get value.

Edit: I like it a lot more than Tormenting Voice. I want to dig *deep* if I’m taking tempo hit

How do Reunion and Voice compare to Lightning Axe? Which of these are you most likely to play if you have little to no madness action going on in your deck, maybe in an Izzet spells/control shell?

Velrun, can you expound on this one?:

I've been thinking about adding it, to expand my lands theme into white. Do you find it broken, unfun to play against, or both?

I have a tough one. I am looking for a red instant or sorcery a control deck would be interested in play BUT it can not be another kill/creatureburn spells, cause I feel like having enough killing in my red section. I'm already running these:

Do red spells really have to be so one-dimensional? :confused:

I have a tough one. I am looking for a red instant or sorcery a control deck would be interested in play BUT it can not be another kill/creatureburn spells, cause I feel like having enough killing in my red section. I'm already running these:

Do red spells really have to be so one-dimensional? :confused:

Not specifically all instants / sorceries, but

Abrade is sort of a kill spell, but I like the utility it brings.

Those are just the ones from my cube. Otherwise there's

At varying levels of playability and power level of course.