General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
As an honest suggestion, I've been super impressed by...

Works super well in any spell based deck (a great theme for UR), and it's become the four drop I'm most looking out for if I pick up a Wildfire. A single spell cast before the Wildfire means it grows out of the 4 damage range when you cast the Wildfire (which will put the second counter on the Hound before the Wildfire resolves). Card continually exceeds people's expectations over here!

Would pair well with your aura theme. Does it need to be a guild slot?

I would like a guild slot. I'm looking to cut most of my aura theme, save for some of the auras themselves, Kor Spiritdancer, Hero of Iroas, Danitha Capishen, Paragon, and Fabled Hero. A lot of the "Aura Payoffs" that I have right now are just really janky in practice compared to most of the other synergy decks. Like, I want them to work, but usually players are just better off slapping pants on an Ahn-Crop Crasher than they are Valduk, Keeper of the Flame.

What I'm looking to do is:
Bleed the artifact theme into W/B a little bit
Replace R/W attachment with R/W Equipment
Replace U/W with something else
Make G/W the only "auras" deck in the cube
Power-up W/B Constellation

What I'm seeing a lot of is people are drafting the decks I want them to play, but they aren't playing the payoffs. For example, the other day, Rowan_CB drafted this deck:

WB Big Recursive Enchantifacts from CubeTutor.com

Obviously they did a couple of weird things with the reanimator package in this deck, but it's still what I'm looking for. The thing is, though, they're not playing the "payoffs" I added for this archetype (Grim Guardian and Underworld Coinsmith) even though they have them in their card pool. I can kinda see why, too.

So basically, I want to broaden the scope of my narrower archetype enablers. I want to pick enablers that do more than enable one style of deck. A Replenish that functions as both a Breath of Life for enchantments but also potentially a Living end type effect. A Hanna, Ship's Navigator that brings back more than just semi-ok auras (to be fair, she does more than that right now). That's not to say I want to cut my enchantment theme, but the aura stuff specifically is really narrow and is probably actively worsening my draft environment.

That was a bit of a rant, I suppose, but hey, sometimes you just need to talk. I like Shu Yun and Myth Realized quite a bit. I think I'll probably try at least 1 of them. Thanks!

Probably worth putting in your cube thread at this point, but here's a few cards I've been very happy with.

Actually pretty fair with a curated equipment suite.

Balancing artifact and enchantment themes is a very tall order imo. My heavy use of the graveyard is one way I've managed to find any harmony. Being lower-powered and running almost all of the playable enchantment creatures does seem like a good way to "build in" support, but I'm not sure if your list is exactly low-powered.

I'm not sure what a U/W Prowess Tokens deck looks like in a lower-powered environment, but it's been very successful in my cube. Another benefit is that it plays well with other archetypes, and it doesn't require a lot of real estate if you're smart with your includes:

EDIT: Prioritizing artifact creature tokens can also be a big help in cross-pollinating strategies:

I'm looking for suggestions on a 2-4cmc black creature that is valuable for control-oriented decks. No flips or morphs. Cube in sig. To give you an idea of where my head is at, I'm currently looking at these two completely different cards:

I'm looking for suggestions on a 2-4cmc black creature that is valuable for control-oriented decks. No flips or morphs. Cube in sig. To give you an idea of where my head is at, I'm currently looking at these two completely different cards:

Necroplasm
Vampire Nighthawk

I like:

Although the former definitely most enjoys a graveyard-oriented control deck and the latter is somewhat format-dependent on whether control or beatdown decks get the most from it.

More generically, Bone Shredder and Banewhip Punisher fit nicely into any deck.

I'm a fan of Necroplasm, recommend testing it. It resets aggressive starts and is even better at daeling with tokens. Also, it helps dredge out if that is a deck you're supporting. Really cool and tricky card. Adds a lot of decision making not only with it's recursion ability. Oh, and if you have ways to add counters on it, it can grow infinitely. So many ways of playing that guy.

Yeah, I may give plasm a try over Stinkweed Imp. Imp’s deeper dredge is nice, but I’m not exactly short on that type of effect in my cube. A recursive sweeper is pretty appealing. I used to love Plague Spitter back in the day...

Gonti is a good one too.

Hey, I am looking for +1/+1 counter pay offs in {R} and/or {G}, that fit into an aggressive deck. The only card I could think of so far is this guy:

And this spell: