General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Vile Manifestation and Sultai Emissary look great, I think I'll try those for sure. Apprentice Necromancer is cool enough to warrant a try but idk if my ETBs/death triggers are worth the loss of CA.

Not sure about Skirk Ridge Exhumer. It does fit a lot of themes even if it's pretty weak, so maybe it could fit in a Zombies or Pox deck. I'm sort of caught between the power level in which Exhumer is playable, and in which Cryptbreaker would take that spot. Exhumer at one mana maybe?

The rest are either a tad too strong (Bearer of Silence, Syndicate Trafficker) or weak/vanilla (Slaughter Drone, Sickle Ripper, Dregscape). I think for now I'll test Skirk Ridge and Vile Manifestation.

EDIT: ninja'd by Onderzeeboot. Out of those, I really want to run Scrapheap Scrounger, but I'm scared to run it in the same cube as Viscera Dragger. Nezumi Graverobber looks cool though.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Just try it, you can always take it out! :) It's an incredible attacker in a creature-dense deck, but it can't block, so the self-recurring element only pushes the game forward instead of stalling it like, say, Reassembling Skeleton can do. Speaking of which, if you're looking more for a card like that, Reassembling Skeleton is another option in the black two mana slot!

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I'm looking for cheap, high-impact instants/sorceries for expensive copy effects like Izzet/Nivix Guildmage. I have Ancestral Vision and Firestorm, any others come to mind?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Izzet Guildmage has a cmc restriction on what it can copy, so those delve spells don't play well with it. Some options that do work (though their playability sometimes depends on other things, like the availability of discard outlets. Spot the Laboratory Maniac combo card...):

Oh, and uh...

Okay guys, I'm looking for something:
- An artifact creature
- Costing {3} or less
- Not max power but good and flexible, so that different decks could be interested in it
- Something more interesting than Cathodion maybe

Her's a list of artifact creatures costing 1-3cc I'm already running or planning to do so after the next big update (where this would be for):

You seem to have some tribal support as it is. Great with tokens.

My first thought was:

But it appears that you already have plenty of sorcery speed removal dodgers in your colorless section.

Okay, it'sa me again. I want a black card, that's an payoff for an artifact-focused deck, midrange. Any ideas?

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member

Has been a surprisingly good card. Is more aggressive, but still very midrange, as it blocks like the best of them and makes the board work to you.

Has been decent whenever I have played it in standard, yet to play it in cube yet though. Looks more control finisher than midrange, but may still fit

Some lower powered options if you are looking to play a lot of artifacts:

Also found this weird piece of history while googling cards:

I don't think it is playable, but who knew such a card existed in black?

I don't think they are good enough, even for my cube, even if they weren't that conditional :p

This on the other hand seems a little too brutal. Hmmm.

Has been a surprisingly good card. Is more aggressive, but still very midrange, as it blocks like the best of them and makes the board work to you.

Has been decent whenever I have played it in standard, yet to play it in cube yet though. Looks more control finisher than midrange, but may still fit

Some lower powered options if you are looking to play a lot of artifacts:

Also found this weird piece of history while googling cards:

I don't think it is playable, but who knew such a card existed in black?

There definitely options, but I'm not convinced by any of them sadly.

This seems actually to be the best fit for my certain meta. I'm leaning towards supporting artifacts only in {W}{U}{R} though, because black just hasn't much to contribute to the deck I feel.

Thanks a lot guys though :)

I actually went with Marionet Master here, should be fine with blacks sacrifice/recursion theme too. And I'm running this for the combo kill:

Yes, I would like to have you lose 24 life at once, why you're asking?