General "Looking for a card"-Thread

I like Fiery Justice in Naya because you're probably a creature deck, which means you're running a couple pieces of interaction but not that many of em. Fiery Justice mops up one big threat, or a couple small guys, and if you sequence it with combat, it can be really filthy. It's nice to have a panic button, is what I'm saying.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I like Fiery Justice in Naya because you're probably a creature deck, which means you're running a couple pieces of interaction but not that many of em. Fiery Justice mops up one big threat, or a couple small guys, and if you sequence it with combat, it can be really filthy. It's nice to have a panic button, is what I'm saying.

Yeah, I recently switched from Woolly Thoctar to Fiery Justice. I have high hopes! :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

Great build around me card. You need to retool your cube a bit to make it shine, but searching up Bonds of Faith, Metamorphic Alteration, and Phyrexian Arena is just too much darn fun :)

It's not hard to get an artifact subtheme going in these colors, and whether you're running a low powered or high powered cube, this card is always a perfect incentive to go into these three colors. Great chain target in reanimator decks as well, where you can Reanimate two creatures with one spell.

Currently my third slot, connects with a lot of subthemes: discard for value, reanimator, zombies, life gain. Fun card all around, but it still needs to prove itself.

For higher power cubes, Chromium, the Mutable might be appropriate, but it looks way too nasty for my cube.

Zur!!

How did I forget this guy?

I run the following Esper enchantments with converted mana cost 3 or less:

White
Legion’s Landing
Luminarch Ascension
History of Benalia
Oblivion Ring
Glorious Anthem
Spear of Heliod

Blue
Ongoing Investigation
Search for Azcanta
Drake Haven

Black
Bitterblossom
A black custom card enchantment that acts as a mini Phyrexian Arena.
Phyrexian Arena
Attrition
Recurring Nightmare

Multicolored
Athreos, God of Passage

What am I missing?

Extra

Off-colors:
Makeshift Munitions
Evolutionary Leap
A green custom card enchantment that can fetch Basic lands.
Gaea’s Anthem
Growing Rites of Itlimoc
Hadana’s Climb
Path of Mettle

I'm looking for a black creature, that's hard to get rid of and will eventually win a game. It could be recursive, regenerating, an enchantment, something that creates multiple threats. I'm talking about a card, that works as a control finisher in a deck with very few threats. I'm currently running:

which is ... okay. But it's kinda boring and could be slightly more tempting. In blue I have these two, which I am very happy with. They both don't just die to an O-Ring but are still not overly strong:

Does black have some similar sweetness?

Oh yeah, that is perfectly. How could I forget about him, when I have him in my Ravnica Remastered box? He'll do double duty from now on, thank you! :)

Again looking for a black card, this time something that's filling your graveyard quickly, preferbly CMC 1-3. I'm already running:

Are there more?

Hm, no selfmill but I like Cryptbreaker.

How have Undead Gladiator and Call the Bloodline been playkng for you and your playgroup?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hm, no selfmill but I like Cryptbreaker.

How have Undead Gladiator and Call the Bloodline been playkng for you and your playgroup?
Call the Bloodline is a new addition I still have to test out. It actually replaced Liliana of the Veil, so it has some big shoes to fill :')

Undead Gladiator has been fine. It's a bit slow, but it does cycle nicely through your deck in a slower control deck, all the while getting value of your discard effects (be it direct Drake Haven type cards or fodder for your reanimator spells). It also actually has a pretty good rate as a recursive threat. 3 power for three mana is not nothing.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Do you think some of the other mentors (save Aurelia) are playable?

Tajic, Legion's Edge, Legion Warboss, Boros Challenger, Sunhome Stalwart, Goblin Banneret and probably Truefire Captain are all solid. (Haven't tested that last one)

I'd stay away from Parhelion Patrol, Barging Sergeant, and Hammer Dropper.

Not sure about Wojek bodyguard. He's been amazing in draft, one of the best commons, but that might be based on 5 mana doom blades and the ubiquity of Skyknight Legionnaire to enable attacks where they might not otherwise be possible.