General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Who says we have to play by WotC's rules? ;)
Definitely not, and it was no affront, I'm just curious :p

I mean, blue is the best color already with it's (not even consequently) weaker creatures. If you now prox up green or white level creatures in blue, together with the card draw, countermagic, lotting and stealing effects, doesn't blue become hilariously strong?

Guys, I'm looking for green madness payoffs. Anything aggro would play, that likes to be discarded. Here's what I'm already running. Missing anything?

I'd also take Gruul gold cards, if there would be something

I find Green's role in that archetype is very different than Red's. Red holds most of the archetype "payoffs", but green has two of the best enablers in Wild Mongrel and Noose Constrictor. Green is also great at mitigating the impact of discarding cards that aren't themselves madness payoffs. What I mean is, say you have Bloodrage Brawler in your opening hand. You want to play it turn 2 for maximum effect, but you want to save discarding, say Fiery Temper for a time when you can pay the madness cost and get good value.

Green says "no problem!", discard a land for the Brawler and we won't lose any value because we'll play it with Ramunap Excavator later on. Or, discard whatever you like and we'll get it back with Regrowth or Eternal Witness. I feel like these Madness decks want to be enabling their discard engines as much as possible, which often means activating them when you don't have a literal madness spell to cash in, and that's where Green shines. It's general recursion adds consistency alongside Red's potential for explosiveness.

There are plenty of red/green instant&sorceries with flashback who spit out dudes of various species(squirrels,beasts,elepanths,firecats....).
Genesis and Centaur Vinecrasher are also very strong, albeit probably a little too binary in what they do.
For the gold cards,what about Ghor-Clan Rampager( and other bloodrush guys maybe)? I'm aware that it is just a combat trick but it makes a pretty combo with cards with the line "whenever you discard..." or the creature-recursion of green.

Guys, I'm looking for green madness payoffs. Anything aggro would play, that likes to be discarded. Here's what I'm already running. Missing anything?

I'd also take Gruul gold cards, if there would be something

Don't know if it's right for your cube or your powerlevel, but Survival of the Fittest could be potentially great in madness and other themes such as slower reanmiator shells, and graveyard value/creature toolbox decks. Can also switch it for Fauna Shaman if you find it to be not interactive enough.
Edit: Whoops, my bad, I did not see the part about being playable in aggro.

Also,
burningtreevandal.jpg

?
Or basically something similar to this kind of effect. Whatt's nice about this one is that it loots on attack, not ETB, and even if you don't play it on curve you can choose haste with riot, immediately pitch one of your madness cards (or excess lands) and then maybe get some damage in.

Oh, I'm running Call, great card. Brawn seems a little low impact, especially since most beef the madness deck has access to already comes with trample.

I find Green's role in that archetype is very different than Red's. Red holds most of the archetype "payoffs", but green has two of the best enablers in Wild Mongrel and Noose Constrictor. Green is also great at mitigating the impact of discarding cards that aren't themselves madness payoffs. What I mean is, say you have Bloodrage Brawler in your opening hand. You want to play it turn 2 for maximum effect, but you want to save discarding, say Fiery Temper for a time when you can pay the madness cost and get good value.

Green says "no problem!", discard a land for the Brawler and we won't lose any value because we'll play it with Ramunap Excavator later on. Or, discard whatever you like and we'll get it back with Regrowth or Eternal Witness. I feel like these Madness decks want to be enabling their discard engines as much as possible, which often means activating them when you don't have a literal madness spell to cash in, and that's where Green shines. It's general recursion adds consistency alongside Red's potential for explosiveness.

That's a good point. I do run Den Protector, but I could increase my recursion in green. Question is, if that's really impactful in an aggressive deck. Discarding a Land or something to Mongrel so I can hit for 3 instead of 2 and then get it back with Witness or Excavator doesn't seem that strong of a play. Discarding Arrogant/Reckless Wurm is so much better for that game plan. Even just casting a regular 3-drop like Call of the Herd seems better.

There are plenty of red/green instant&sorceries with flashback who spit out dudes of various species(squirrels,beasts,elepanths,firecats....).
Genesis and Centaur Vinecrasher are also very strong, albeit probably a little too binary in what they do.
For the gold cards,what about Ghor-Clan Rampager( and other bloodrush guys maybe)? I'm aware that it is just a combat trick but it makes a pretty combo with cards with the line "whenever you discard..." or the creature-recursion of green.

I had the Rampager in once, could give him another try now. Do you think Acorn Harvest is playable?

Don't know if it's right for your cube or your powerlevel, but Survival of the Fittest could be potentially great in madness and other themes such as slower reanmiator shells, and graveyard value/creature toolbox decks. Can also switch it for Fauna Shaman if you find it to be not interactive enough.
Edit: Whoops, my bad, I did not see the part about being playable in aggro.

Yeah, I thought about them before, but I think they would end up more often in Dredge decks and other Midrange shells.

Also,
burningtreevandal.jpg

?
Or basically something similar to this kind of effect. Whatt's nice about this one is that it loots on attack, not ETB, and even if you don't play it on curve you can choose haste with riot, immediately pitch one of your madness cards (or excess lands) and then maybe get some damage in.

Oh, I'm for sure going to test this guy out ... even with that horrible artwork.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Easy Burning-Tree Vandal, it can get a sneaky attack in thanks through haste, and exerting for card filtering seems silly. The real question is, how does the Vandal stack up against Reckless Racer? Because I tested that card, and it kinda sucked.

As a bear with a relavant upside in the best aggro color he is just a decent aggro filler in my cube even without madness, which makes him more flexible than those vampires

The only cool thing Battlefield Scavenger has going for him is the exert-synergy. He loots whenever any creature you control exerts.

I feel the same way. What I also don't like about Battlefield Scavenger is that you only loot if you exert him, which you can only do any other turn if you want to consistently loot with him.

What's cool about Ravenous Bloodseeker though is that you can pitch cards anytime and as often as you want (only as often ). He is also better on defense;), but I can see why you wouldn't run because he is not too aggressive. However, is is just me, or is the madness deck halfway between aggro and midrange? It also grinds well with flashback cards, Vengevine, Gutterbones, and delve cards and the such.