General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Also, thinking back to "dumb retail-level combos"...

db113c47-c403-4c7f-9fa9-212c977df8d1.jpg
a5ebb551-6b0d-45fa-88c8-3746214094f6.jpg
I think these cards might be a little above retail level. Don't misread me, they fit perfectly fine in a retail format, but they are also just good cards you can play outside of that setting with the correct infrastructure. Abiding Grace is actually a card on my short list to test.

10/10 combo. Janky but not terrible. Big fan.

i tested Grace in my historic artisan cube on arena and… once you hit about 5 one drops, assuming they’re good like Thraben Inspector and not bad like Flying Men, it becomes this crazy grind engine for aggro decks. a mardu grace list i goofed around making is currently “best aggro deck in format” because all the one drops have various utility. i am still iffy on it in my paper cube where the density isn’t so good, but it’s worth a hard look IMO. and vexing devil is not so incredibly bad that you couldn’t just throw it in too for lulz

"Retail level" was a joke. :p

It turns out that repeated reanimation is very strong, even when it has really strict restrictions.

Like, would Sidisi's Faithful be too strong of an interaction? How about Loyal Sentry? Archfiend's Vessel?
No, No, Borderline but probably not.
Faithful and Sentry aren't really cards non-Abiding Grace decks are going to be looking to play all that often. Archfiend's Vessel is, like, fine in an environment with some Unearth effects and cheap reanimation, but it's still in that "more cute than good" territory since the fail rate of a 1/1 lifelink is still kind of bad.

Yeah I’m not 100 % sure what I am looking for but I want the cards to be low power (but still worth a card) so they cannot be traps. Maybe there is no middle ground when it comes to 1 drops? Maybe they are either good or traps?

How about cards like these? They're (mostly) not fantastic, but have some value. I've included some analogues shifted up or down in power. Not a whole lot in White outside of the typical aggro suspects and a couple of overly cute targets, tbh, which is a little awkward.