General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Hey guys, I'm looking for black cards of any type. Those cards should give out the opportunity to pay a lot of life for a strong effect, so that a deck with a lot of life gain makes them more useable. At the same time, I want them to be decent in other black decks with zero life gain. I'm running these two cards currently, which fit that description well. One is a nice engine for sacrifice/dredge, the other a fine removal spell. Both of them get better though, if you have dozens of life points to spend on them.

You can't "go off" with these, but I've been quite fond of them.

Here's kind of an oddball pick that I've been interested in in the past but have never gotten the chance to test. The idea is you sacrifice your board to this thing when you have something like a blood artist in play and use it to dig for a mass reanimation spell like Rally the Ancestors. It seems serviceable in other decks as a kind of black Anticipate or Impulse too. Worst case scenario is that it cycles for two mana and one life.

I've watched Underworld Connections and Arguel's Blood Fast do work in their respective standard environments so I'm a fan of those too.

Phyrexian Arena is very good, and the drawback is non-negligible. I like the effect it has as the top of the power band in my environment. Too much lifegain negates the drawback though, so be careful if life is an abundant resource in your cube.

One I'm thinking of testing is:

My wallet thinks Underworld Connections is strictly better than Arena!

Besides that, thanks a lot guys, There's a lot to choose from. I'm probably going with Snuff Out, Skeletal Scrying, and mayabe Bob and Ruin Raider. Bloodtracker is also pretty good, but damn my black 4 drop slot might be the most crowded in my cube.

Alright, I'm going to try something a little bit different today. I've got two cards I want to add to my cube:

The only problem is that they are both red cards, and as such, they are in my tightest color. Instead of helping me find two cards to play, can you help me find two cuts out of Highball?

I'm thinking Burning-Fist Minotaur could be cut, but I'm not sure I'm very high on cutting an aggro card. I'm not sure what else to cut.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Alright, I'm going to try something a little bit different today. I've got two cards I want to add to my cube:

The only problem is that they are both red cards, and as such, they are in my tightest color. Instead of helping me find two cards to play, can you help me find two cuts out of Highball?

I'm thinking Burning-Fist Minotaur could be cut, but I'm not sure I'm very high on cutting an aggro card. I'm not sure what else to cut.

Not two-drops, I know, but these play around in the same design space (discard/draw and sacrificing artifacts). Only problem I see with this is that you already don't run a lot of three drops. I'ld rather cut a four drop to be honest. Do you really need two high powered 4 cmc flyers in red, the color that is supposed to be, like, 4th in cheap and midrange flying creatures? You could cut one of...

(And Sarkhan, I'ld keep Pia Nalaar, as it also works really well alongside Goblin Engineer.)

Oh, wait...

Easy cut for Tectonic Reformation!

I'm looking for graveyard hate that I didn't find through my Gatherer search for "exile."

Couple that I knew of already.

Guys, white bores me. It feels all the same and still not really focused. So I am looking for interesting white cards. Anything that is fun and not just weenies, tokens and lifegain. Maybe something that allows for a different approach without needing massive support. I'd also like sonething to build around, since every other color in my cube haa at least 2 cards that create their own deck, just white doesn't. But I'd also be happy about a random creature with a fun ability or something.