General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Guess I should have been more specific. Those guys are like big value hits. I'm looking for like early cheat reanimator. I guess it could just be a spell cheat, actually. Turn 4 Ultimatums off the Mastery and whatnot.

Although, it's a good reminder of Scholar, which I should utilize for other things lol.

Guess I should have been more specific. Those guys are like big value hits. I'm looking for like early cheat reanimator. I guess it could just be a spell cheat, actually. Turn 4 Ultimatums off the Mastery and whatnot.

Although, it's a good reminder of Scholar, which I should utilize for other things lol.

There is an insanely strong one that you would probably cut the moment you see it being abused which will be 100 % of the times it is included into a deck.

i definitely bought one when i was first rebuilding my cube, then realized after a couple drafts that he immediately wins the game with like half a dozen cards... at least he was cheap XD

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Someone wanted me to include that card because "it is a cool way to cast Cruel Ultimatum!" And I was like, but... things like Crystal Shard and sac outlets exist... (if you sac Arcane Savant in response to the trigger you can get it back with the raise dead part of Cruel).

Brad asked for a way to cast Ultimatums by turn 4. But I would never run this card in a normal cube unless you are asking for some hatred from your players :p

Someone wanted me to include that card because "it is a cool way to cast Cruel Ultimatum!" And I was like, but... things like Crystal Shard and sac outlets exist... (if you sac Arcane Savant in response to the trigger you can get it back with the raise dead part of Cruel).

Build your own Nucklavee. But maybe even better if you don’t want the body.

10338092_1.jpg

I have a bunch of those guys and... the black 1 CMC Coldsnap collectible... to swap like 20 of them into The Black Cube one day and see what it does.

i just mean the squadroning effect, not the exact bonus they provide. i know there’s been a few cycles of this kind of creature down the years.

thank you!
looking through the list i think Undead Servant is correct for black after all... will be a nice grindy finisher for black midrange decks in the Desert Cube Remastered.

I am looking for interesting red cards that do NOT:
- reward you for playing lots of small dudes
- reward you for playing lots of instants/sorceries
- discard cards or like being discarded

Everything else that is interesting good stuff, easy build arounds or just fun effects is welcome. Dump as many cards as you can come up with!

Everything else that is interesting good stuff, easy build arounds or just fun effects is welcome. Dump as many cards as you can come up with!

Those restraints get rid of 90% of the cool red cards :p.

Akroma, Angel of Fury is both an interesting red card as well as a cool Blink payoff. If she's played face down, her controller can blink her, which causes her to come back into play face up.

This card is splashy and fun, despite it's relatively simple rules text. My players always seem to enjoy it when they play it.

Cowards don't play Boldwyr Intimidator.

I know this card lets a player discard land, but it's so cool! It's an awesome build-around that has a lot of different angles to it for deck construction purposes.

On a completely unrelated note, I can't believe you're not running Flamewake Phoenix in your cube. It's the perfect Gruul Aggro-Madness card.

Some of these are going right into my occasionals!

One question: How does a good Throes of Chaos deck look like?

And to the phoenix, the answer is simple: I feared he might be a tad too strong, coming back so easily for a single red mana. I'm trying Warcry Phoenix now, you know.

If you haven't seen them already, Dom's articles Rethinking Red and then Rethinking Rethinking Red from the front page might have some use to you.

Okay guys, my occasional section needs your help again. This tine I am looking for interesting white cards that do NOT:
- produce more than 1 token
- reward you having lots of creatures
- gain life
- have an EtB trigger as a creature

I know, it's not too easy.