General [M19] Magic 2019

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
A bunch of cards were dropped today on the mothership. Lots of neat and/or weird and/or underwhelming stuff!

en_JazcSmjRMv.png
en_Ya9NbAas6Z.png
en_slHJxXjozl.png
en_5zdcnooXmT.png
en_CSO3KJ7ns2.png
en_H3E903b6kr.png
en_Q6TglkHkR0.png

So... Mono green five drop...

Oh man, Desecrated Tomb is probably really bad, but it sets off my jank-meter. Kind of a nice way to help balance the give and take between graveyard-centric decks and graveyard hate, and good fun with cards like Bloodsoaked Champion, Gravecrawler, and Squee, Goblin Nabob.

Not to mention Treasure Cruise. (edit: somewhere between when I started writing this post and when I stopped writing it I forgot that it doesn't create more bats for more cards, so my Treasure Cruise enthusiasm is now a little embarrassing).

Militia Bugler is pretty neat. Lower powered Imperial Recruiter effect, but with a much more useful body of its own.

I also love desecrated Tomb :)

I appreciate that Desecrated Tomb works off a creature leaving the GY for any particular reason. Like:

(random card selections per each particular effect I can think of)

Mostly unrelated, but I appreciate this combination that I just thought of for some reason while writing this post:

(substitute sac outlet, and with a little luck/setup on having a non-land on top)

Actually can be related if you do something like Viscera seer and desecrated tomb in place of station.

Back to the card at hand, I'll also be having fun with it in EDH as it adds value to:

:)

Anyways:
fafgggfs.png
This is really neat! Cantrips when needed, buys you a little life buffer in the meantime, and is searchable with Trinket Mage!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
My friend did point out to me that Desecrated tomb is "when one or more...", so you won't get a bunch of bats for big delves or casting psychic spiral

I almost wish it did, since it'd open up the appeal a bit, but I'm still excited for this for aristocrats purposes

My friend did point out to me that Desecrated tomb is "when one or more...", so you won't get a bunch of bats for big delves or casting psychic spiral

I almost wish it did, since it'd open up the appeal a bit, but I'm still excited for this for aristocrats purposes

Yeah, I knew this and then somehow forgot when making my post about Treasure Cruise. In retrospect, why would I be excited about Treasure Cruise and not Nihil Spellbomb if I thought that was the case? Oh well, it's much more fun this way because it starts warping your mind to the point of convincing you that you can run cards like:

and

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Eater of the Dead is one of those cards that costs $35 because every obscure EDH combo needs it and nothing like it has ever been printed again because they realized it was a bad idea in like 1997

It costs like $7, and probably just because it was only printed in The Dark.

What source are you using and are you using that same source everytime you evaluate a price on a card with people on a forum?

SCG has it at 12 USD.

Tcgplayer is about 7 bucks. 12 bucks, 9 euro, whatever, still nowhere close to 35 dollars. I've only seen one of these in one edh deck in my extensive time playing the format. There are plenty of other cards for plenty of other obscure combos.