Sets [M20] Core Set 2020

I think Cloudkin Seer is insanely well positioned in any cube. It's a 2-power evasion that replaces itself. I think that passes the cut in almost any cube, without ever being overpowered. Love it.

Yeah but it's not as interesting as many of the other options that cubes with uncommons and rares can run at three. A Coastal Drake with a card attached is just kind of generic in comparison to something like Laboratory Maniac, Sai, Master Thopterist, Spiketail Drakeling, etcetera. In pauper, a format lacking as many synergistic pieces as our rare formats, a generic beater with upside is quite a good option. In rare formats, Cloudkin Seer is still a playable card, but it is not as interesting or even necessarily as powerful as in pauper. By no means is this card bad, but by every metric it is simply generic value.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
g49w7vh.jpg

This... this is a one of the sweetest Glory Seekers I've ever seen! Soooo many possible synergies! Tokens, artifacts, equip, nice!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
636969847717865156.png

That's a cute common. Not even in the main set, it's from one of those auxiliary products.

636969848376248358.png

This one is fun too, though the body is likely too weak.

636969848488558100.png

Another great one, from Vivien's deck. Sweet with fight spells :)

glinthornbuccaneer.jpg

I'm sure this does something for someone somewhere. It's not me, especially not at a red 3 without tribal types and double colored mana, which is super crowded. But for someone, hey, here ya go.

drakusethmawofflames1.jpg

Throw this bad boy in the fatties thread. Kind of like a slow Atarka.

I like my reanimation targets to not be totally backbreaking and I feel like the lack of immediate effect combined with the fear of an attack is a good combo for me.

glinthornbuccaneer.jpg

I'm sure this does something for someone somewhere. It's not me, especially not at a red 3 without tribal types and double colored mana, which is super crowded. But for someone, hey, here ya go.

Man, there are some weird-ass cards in here for a core set. There has never been a 2/4 haste before, so it's hard to evaluate the body. It's obviously busted with any Wheel of Fortune effects. Madness likes it a lot, and the 4 toughness means it should be able to get into the red zone and survive to use the ability. Pirate may be a relevant creature type for some people. 1RR is a super crowded mana slot, but I'm pretty sure I like this more than Prophetic Flamespeaker or Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh.

bagofholding1.jpg

I love it. Unfortunately, the first ability means binning flashback cards to the loot is clunky, as you have to crack the bag to get them back, but I'll be damned if I don't try to make this work in my cube.

It was a bit premature for my tastes. I mean, not saying you're wrong (though I don't agree with all your points), but we haven't even played with M2020. I'm more of the wait and see type, though I'll admit that I'm not very fond of protection making a return.

I thought you had said "Immature" when I first read this and my immediate thought was: "What's wrong with using 19th Century Women's Underwear to illustrate a point about Magic: The Gathering design?"

I'm glad you said premature :p