Card/Deck [MCD] Equipment

The equipment I run that has been tested enough for me to have an opinion:

Amazing as a catch-all tribes resilient payoff. Obviously not so good if you don't have tribal archetypes, but if you do, this is my favorite generic tribal payoff.

Stays in the sideboard more often than not, but it is quite good in some matchups and a nice payoff for sacrifice.

A great artifacts payoff. Good even if your artifact count isn't so high, great with a high artifact count. Just beware of the {B}{B} activation, since it tends to signal that artifacts is a black deck.

Awesome, unique equipment. Can lead to so GRBS if you equip it to certain GRBS creatures, but I blame the creatures.

A strong payoff for spells, though somewhat awkward with flashback and other things that exile cards from graveyard. First strike makes a huge difference. The opponent is basically forced to chump.

I run Vulshok Battlegear and have run Leonin Scimitar and Vulshok Morningstar. It's really interesting to see how MtG is an intricate game - those three play completely differently and have very different power levels: Vulshok Morningstar >> Vulshok Battlegear > Leonin Scimitar. Vulshok Battlegear is a long-term resilient threat, since it costs 6 mana to get immediately value, or 2 x 3 mana to be a "cipt equipment". It works very well against control, but is really slow against aggro.

Since I've touched upon these, Vulshok Morningstar is really good, providing a tempo swing on turn 4, and a mana sink afterwards. It's especially strong with fliers or other evasion. Leonin Scimitar is not really worth a card most of the time. It's only really usable in fliers.

Another resilient threat, this is another card that gets stronger as the game goes on, becoming dominating after a bunch of back and forth. It's strong in slow environments, and bad in fast environments. For me it functions as a graveyard payoff, though I'll likely cut it since that deck is becoming more like madness than threshold.

Equipment I cut across the years to lower power level:
Sword of Light and Shadow
Bonesplitter
Grafted Wargear

Ha, it even was today I first thought about trying Stoneforge Masterwork! I have a lot of zombies, humans, werewolves, wizards, servos, artificers etc., so it could very well be a nice payoff. :) Now I'm curious and definitely trying!

Sylvok Lifestaff looks like it's eating aggro alive.

I made the same experience with Scimitar/Morningstar/Battlegear. Scimitar isn't worth it, Battlegear is clunky but good in the long run (midrange/control) and the Morningstar is obv the best of them, but I actually like Trusty Machete a lot more, as costing 1 and only giving +1 toughness both make it a fairer but sometimes smoother play. :)

I don't even waste a thought on the Swords, Wargear also is busted af, even Bonesplitter pushes aggro a lot. I'm very happy with running double Machete.

Going to try to include this one with the next update. 1 CMC is the sweet spot for equipment, as it means it can be fetched by Trinket Mage, recurred by Auriok Salvagers, etc.

And while overall its a more powerful card than Loxodon Warhammer, I also like that +1 power makes the lifelink/trample combo less swingy than the hammer's +3.

The second line is almost trinket text in my cube, but it does randomly hose Valorous Stance.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So, what do you think about Behemoth Sledge?

Behemoth Sledge is way more restrictive. Obviously a green-white card goes in way, way less decks than a colorless card. On top of that the Sledge is two mana more expensive to play, and one mana more to equip with only a +1/+0 stat increase to show for it. I still think trample and lifelink is a scary combination to put on a piece of equipment, but it's definitely the tame relative in the Loxodon Warhammer family.

Equipment I run and recommend:

Mask of Memory is the one I haven't seen mentioned here. It is the most fun equipment I've played with, I'd say. It doesn't go in every deck, as you need creatures to go unblocked, but that's easy enough that pretty much every creature deck in my cube is interested. Then it gives you a nice card draw engine, a way to fuel your graveyard strategies and a discard outlet (yay, madness!). I love this card.

Oh, Lashwrithe also hasn't been mentioned. That is one of my black devotion payoffs and a very strong one, playing right into that decks match plan (playing lots of swamps, grinding your way to massively powerful effects).

I also want to second Lifestaff (sacrifice, lifegain), Pike (spells), Plating (artifacts) and Bonehoard (dredge, sacrifice) being great archetype payoffs and Bonesplitter/Morningstar being effective stat boosters.