General Mystery Booster

A new set is upon us and it is a weird one. The new cards are not tournament legal but they could be added to cubes.

The set is meant for Chaos drafting which is drafting with several different crossover sets. It contains reprints from sets that date all the way back to Odyssey (2004). The set also has some almost-artless new cards that have been on Wizards testing board and never made it into actual sets.

The set contains more than 1.000 unique cards. The set doesn’t have a set logo and I haven’t found a set code yet.

Here are some of the spoiled ones the last 24 hours that I am looking to test in my cube:

24091509-4637-4CEB-AB1E-C0FCA1CC8904.jpeg
This is how a red mage should win!

FDF79777-D326-4C44-98F2-1981EF03DCE7.jpeg
I want to see if this is broken or bad. What do you guys think? I think it is very interesting that it can target nonlegendary creatures.

0F60DB7D-DF96-4706-AF28-5F590109C2C6.jpeg
This ability has always fascinated me.

068BE0A3-46D9-40E6-A082-C2752BEA1545.jpeg
Extremely cool blink target. Sadly multicolored.

910642B4-82C6-401A-97E5-3E3591835FE2.jpeg
I find this very interesting for tournament purposes. In a single game it will add any color as many times as you want but in an entire tournament it could be interesting. How many times do you wish to activate it at the cost of future mana fixing in the same tournament?

howtokeepanizzetmagebusy.jpg

I'll be adding this immediately. Zyym is also awesome.

Wrath Of Sod is perfect for EDH imo. Wrath effects are one of the most slowing effects on the format, but this one let's everyone come back out of the gates swinging. That's nice.

I've heard these are only going to be available in like the convention version of the mystery boosters? That would really shrink their availability....

Ok, this is really interesting:
e899b761-2f23-466c-87c5-d98421138ca6.jpg

It's a split card which uses halves from two different split cards that already exist (Start // Finish and Fire // Ice. I thought this was probably possible for a real card, but now I think it definitely is in the cards for a future set!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
More cards can be found in the release notes: (Link here)

Some Favorites:

Chimney Goyf 4B
Creature — Lhurgoyf Imp
Flying
~'s power is equal to the number of card types among cards in all graveyards and its toughness is equal to that number plus 1.
When ~ dies, target opponent puts a card from their hand on top of their library.
*/*+1

Bone Rattler
3BB
Creature — Skeleton
4/4
When ~ is put into your graveyard from anywhere, exile it. When you do, create four Reassembling Skeleton token cards and put them into your graveyard.

Command the Chaff
4UU
Instant
Look at target opponent's sideboard. You may cast a card from that sideboard without paying its mana cost.
Exile ~.

Wrath Of Sod is perfect for EDH imo. Wrath effects are one of the most slowing effects on the format, but this one let's everyone come back out of the gates swinging. That's nice.

I've heard these are only going to be available in like the convention version of the mystery boosters? That would really shrink their availability....

That is, unfortunately, correct.

Luckily, since these are basically glorified proxies anyways, you can use MSE, MTG.Design, or MTGCardsmith to make your own mock-ups that look like real magic cards!

What do you guys think about long term values for these things? They're all over the place right now. I figure the thing is something between an un set and the holiday promos...

What do you guys think about long term values for these things? They're all over the place right now. I figure the thing is something between an un set and the holiday promos...

When you say they are all over the place, what do you mean exactly? I am having a hard time finding the ones I want.

When you say they are all over the place, what do you mean exactly? I am having a hard time finding the ones I want.

Just varied prices for the ones that are on eBay.

Which ones are you looking for? I've got a friend going to the event tomorrow who's gonna try to hook me up.
edit: ah, you already said.