General Mystery Booster

Just varied prices for the ones that are on eBay.

Which ones are you looking for? I've got a friend going to the event tomorrow who's gonna try to hook me up.
edit: ah, you already said.

I can’t find any more on Cardmarket.

The new and improved wants list by Velrun ;)

You’re in Command
Do-Over
Wrath of Sod
Gold Mine
Gold Mine
Gold Mine
Gold Mine
Gold Mine
Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine
Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine
Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine Gold Mine

Perfect, except you forgot to put the actual reverse miracle cost ({B}) on the card.

I don't know how practical it would be, but a custom frame like the miracle frame but upside down would be sick. That's probably outside of what MSE can manage, though.

Love it! ty king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two tiny requests:
Can "Iguana" become "Iguanadon"?
Also Seminrut looks awesome but does not currently have a reverse miracle cost. It should say {B} somewhere in the text!!!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Love it! ty king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two tiny requests:
Can "Iguana" become "Iguanadon"?
Also Seminrut looks awesome but does not currently have a reverse miracle cost. It should say {B} somewhere in the text!!!

Got it, I'll get those done after work.
Always forget something :p

Okay I'm gonna make one gold mine and you can print 20 :p

Perfect, except you forgot to put the actual reverse miracle cost ({B}) on the card.

Do you have an art link for the Buried Ogre Art?

It's on artstation, and I made sure I credited the artist. Should be Raf or Rae Grassetti
If I get home and you haven't found it on your own I'll go find it.

So here goes

I don’t like proxies. I do not mind custom home made cards because this is where we get to use our creative sides and design something brilliant that can fill a hole Wizards have not yet done.

Proxies are just cheap versions of real cards for people who can’t/won’t afford the real thing and support the game and its future expansions/artists/writers.

In the case of Mystery Booster proxies we are dealing with some serious art upgrades :) I mean that Gold Mine looks way better than actual Gold Mine. However I do not feel like art upgrades warrent proxies in my cube. Otherwise I could start going through my cube and find semi ugly artwork and proxy them up as well. The cool thing about Mystery Booster test cards is that they are so extremely different from regular cards. They dig into new design space and they are clearly marked with their bad artwork as cards that didn’t make it through testing. I feel like I am losing that part of the card if I make it into a generic MtG proxy.

Lastly I want to say that I am more than capable of producing perfect custom cards and have them done professionally so that they are indistinguishable from regular cards.

About the actual proxies:
The proxy Gold Mine has a reminder text that actual Gold Mine has not.
The proxy Wrath of Sod has a mistake in the reminder text. It looks like it was just copied from Scryfall.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Lastly I want to say that I am more than capable of producing perfect custom cards and have them done professionally so that they are indistinguishable from regular cards.

The proxy Gold Mine has a reminder text that actual Gold Mine has not.

That mechanic can never make it to print, by the way, especially on rare cards. a) There will never be enough Gold Mines for tournament play, and b) it's just asking to be abused by cheaters.

That mechanic can never make it to print, by the way, especially on rare cards. a) There will never be enough Gold Mines for tournament play, and b) it's just asking to be abused by cheaters.

I am not quite sure what you are talking about. Maybe you quoted the wrong section?

If we are talking about Legacy as a mechanic: I am planning on using Gold Mine for tournament play. And it 100 % could work if we simply got enough on our hands. It is just a numbers game. Reprints could make this sell like crazy.

If we are talking about creating custom cards to make them look like actual cards and that is cheating: I do not cheat and I do not run proxies. I only make home made designs that are for games where I do not make a profit.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hahaha, yeah, I definitely quoted the wrong part. Sorry :) I was talking how the mechanic on Gold Mine could never make it to print, and by that I specifically mean in a black-bordered set that is legal in Standard (and Modern, etc.). The mechanic is just too prone to cheating and makes for too volatile a market price.

Maybe you’re right. I think it is a numbers game. You are worried (on behalf of Wizards of the Coast) that the Legacy mechanic would lead to way too expensive cards due to scarcity because cards are getting shredded after five uses (if we take Gold Mine as example)?

Are you worried the cards would get even more expensive than other Modern cards? Or Jace, the Mind Sculptor back when he was in Standard and before he got banned?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yep, that's exactly what I'm worried about with that mechanic. And I'm not so much worried on behalf of WotC, I'm more worried on behalf of the players. A one-use mechanic like Legacy isn't economically sustainable for the average player, at least not when it's printed on a good card like Gold Mine.

Okay that is understandable. Can you explain the thing about cheating? I do not get that part. How is the mechanic prone to cheating?

Forgetting should not be possible with an opponent sitting right there in front of you. Most likely you will succeed a low percentage of the time because your opponent will not be constantly aware. However if you get caught only once you will be branded as someone who tries to add mana with Gold Mine without paying the price.

Trying to erase, sure. But I doubt it will go unnoticed. And if you get caught only once you will be disqualified from the tournament and most likely also banned for life from your local store since it translates to stealing.

I don’t see that being a healthy way to play in the long run.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
So I put that reminder text because I feel the actual playtest card is unclear.
This emphasizes it's 5 times, ever, then you're done.

Cheating, whatever. Bigger problem, different time.
I made it a rare because it's a gold mine. If it was a silver mine, it'd be uncommon :p

I'll fix Wrath of Sod later.

So I put that reminder text because I feel the actual playtest card is unclear.
This emphasizes it's 5 times, ever, then you're done.

Nah we all got it right from the start.
How is the text on Gold Mine confusing to you?

Everything before the “:” is a cost and everything after is the ability you get from paying that cost.

As you can clearly see on Gold Mine it has a cost that requires to mark one of the unmarked nodes. You can’t activate the activated ability if you cannot pay the cost. Wizards wrote it simple and elegant.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I don’t see that being a healthy way to play in the long run.
Absolutely agree, but that won't stop some scumbags from trying, and this mechanic provokes that behavior more than others, I feel. Plus, there's the monetary aspect, still. Which, coincidentally, also makes cheating more likely, because then you don't have to pay for the card twice. Also, what if a player does have money to burn? Ruleswise, if you have to provide a decklist, what are you going to say? One of my Gold Mines has one mark, the other have zero. One round in and the decklist should realistically be outdated, but there's no way to actually check the Mines got used (or at least it's very labor intensive to do so), so if you do a deck check after round three, and there's still three Gold Mines with zero marks and one with one mark, did the player cheat? I mean, it's unlikely that they didn't use Gold Mine at least ones over three matches, but not impossible. How many times is that player, if they're a cheater, going to go to the bathroom between rounds to secretly sleeve up a few fresh Gold Mines? The design is great for this product, but it would be a nightmare in sanctioned play.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Nah we all got it right from the start.
How is the text on Gold Mine confusing to you?

Everything before the “:” is a cost and everything after is the ability you get from paying that cost.

As you can clearly see on Gold Mine it has a cost that requires to mark one of the unmarked nodes. You can’t activate the activated ability if you cannot pay the cost. Wizards wrote it simple and elegant.

I get it, but players may not. Especially with cards that don't exist, I try and spell everything out as much as I can.

Never drop the reminder text for proliferate, for eg.