Sets (NEO) Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Previews

re: Steelshaper's Gift

It also dodged a reprint in*18* years (ha--feel old yet?) and that *surely* has a lot to do with it as well. Train is 100% too. HammerTime & EDH have driven it up over time. Used to own several of these but I sold off about 90% of my collection last year. Stings a little every time I have to go something like this but it's okay.

re: Steelshaper's Gift

It also dodged a reprint in*18* years (ha--feel old yet?) and that *surely* has a lot to do with it as well. Train is 100% too. HammerTime & EDH have driven it up over time. Used to own several of these but I sold off about 90% of my collection last year. Stings a little every time I have to go something like this but it's okay.
Steelshaper’s Gift may be $20 but a proxy of it is wayyyyy less

This is cool

C38BBC56-4B53-4A71-A5D0-1C5DABD909AC.jpeg

I once had a Keyword matters theme in Boros but I had to cut it for lack of redundancy. I think this set has made me want to try out modified as a theme in green + maybe more colors.

Last edited:
While the Gruul deck seems a little on the EDH side (yes, I know), Azorius got some nifty toys. In particular, the Drummer looks really juiced.

rlrhlo0clgg81.png

Catapult Turle looks deceptively good, like a spruced-up Glassdust Hulk, as do the other Improvise cards. The vehicles also really help to flesh out the theme, which was kind of lacking in the set. Overall, there's a clear winner for me between the two decks and it's not even close.

swxempyjlgg81.png

tvyxy1eelgg81.pngkoens12qlgg81.pngnyjfai9wlgg81.pngo8bzd3nmlgg81.png

And, uh, crazy removal???

e2wx5it5lgg81.png

For Gruul, I'm curious if the Hydra can be worth it and baffled as to how a tanuki is a dog, but intrigued by the card in general.

w4sgi8523gg81.pngrzqbysor0gg81.png

Overall, seems like a pretty good set of commander decks for us!

Attachments

• rdd5s2vwlgg81.png
    rdd5s2vwlgg81.png
    451.3 KB · Views: 4
Swift reconfiguration is insane, and goes infite with devoted druid (and make it unaffected by summoning sickness FWIW). I like a bunch of other cards by this is by far the most powerful of the neon commanders.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I don't get it
Devoted Druid stops being a creature (as long as it isn't crewed), but keeps the activated ability. There's nothing preventing you from putting a -1/-1 counter on it now that it's a noncreature permanent, but it doesn't die from negative toughness anymore, since it has no power and toughness (as long as it's not crewed).

Which is also the reason it gets around summoning sickness. The Artifact - Vehicle that the permanent becomes doesn't care about that (unless it's crewed)