Sets (NEO) Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Previews

7c25v8m0wff81.png

Absolutely breaks Ragavan :pogchimp: . This is a great, clean Mardu effect. I'm loving this cycle, they're either super clean or super goofy so far!

Yeah, sure, Mardu...

(OK, OK, there's a big difference between triggering on any creature and triggering on only your own creatures... but I got a chuckle out of the similarity.)

reitosentinel.jpg

This is a nice little one. It does everything a slow GY deck wants. Gives you a roadblock, mills yourself and even recurs key pieces you may have milled. Great for mid powered cubes I would think!

reitosentinel.jpg

This is a nice little one. It does everything a slow GY deck wants. Gives you a roadblock, mills yourself and even recurs key pieces you may have milled. Great for mid powered cubes I would think!
I think this is the best variant of this effect we've gotten so far. Nice!

This does work as incidental grave hate besides the the baron-style recursion.

Last edited:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 6560View attachment 6561

Blade of the Oni

This card feels like it was made for the Arena Cube. It's good early game, still useful mid-to-late game, and is interesting without being overly wordy. Wish I liked the art for it more, but it's not bad, it just doesn't look like a creature, and the neon frame one doesn't look like an artifact.

tbh, I'm just happy to get my density of artifacts up
These are some very aggressive stats. 3/1 menace for 2 is pretty threatening in a lot of openers.

I think my biggest consideration for this set will be the ninjas. I've thought about including some before, but I never liked how horrific they were to hard-cast, and this set does a lot to combat that. Not entirely sure which ones I want to try out yet, a lot of them don't really play with other archetypes outside of the inherent qualities of ninjutsu.
100% feel you but then I couldn't help but notice they left off the Ninjutsu reminder text for quite a few of the ones I want to run and that is a little disappointing and (yes, unfortunately) a strike against them.

100% feel you but then I couldn't help but notice they left off the Ninjutsu reminder text for quite a few of the ones I want to run and that is a little disappointing and (yes, unfortunately) a strike against them.

I am totally with you here, I hate it, that tzey leave more and more reminder text of the cards these days. However,I think it is fine for mechanics that appear on many cards in the cube. If someone asks during drafting what madness does, they don't give away which card they're considering all that obviously. Not even which color.

But yeah, even that is a compromise I felt inclined to make.

1643827293788.png 1643827307201.png

Reinforced Ronin
Human Samurai
2/2
Haste
At the begging of your end step return ~ to your hand.
Channel- 1R discard ~, draw a card.

I'm a fan of this one. I love Dash as a mechanic for Aggro and this is basically that without the keyword with how it'll play out. Pairs well with Champion of the Parish and Thalia's Lieutenant by growing them vertically, can be cashed in later for a card, and it dodges any sorcery speed removal. You don't play this early in Aggro, you play it out on a turn where you can leverage the pressure most effectively. Sometimes all it takes is an extra 2-3 damage to push an opponent from safe to the danger zone. Real nice addition, I'm a big fan. I'm definitely picking up that alt-art.

Last edited:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
View attachment 6566 View attachment 6567

Reinforced Ronin
Human Samurai
2/2
Haste
At the begging of your end step return ~ to your hand.
Channel- 1R discard ~, draw a card.

I'm a fan of this one. I love Dash as a mechanic for Aggro and this is basically that without the keyword with how it'll play out. Pairs well with [[Champion of the Parish]] and [[Thalia's Lieutenant]] by growing them vertically, can be cashed in later for a card, and it dodges any sorcery speed removal. You don't play this early in Aggro, you play it out on a turn where you can most leverage the pressure effectively. Sometimes all it takes is an extra 2-3 damage to push an opponent from safe to the danger zone. Real nice addition, I'm a big fan. I'm definitely picking up that alt-art.
It also cycles for 1R when it has outlived its usefulness!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I am sorely tempted to return historic to my cube. I wasn't able to support it well enough in white's (in my cube) allies black and red, while maintaining good support for the intended themes, but this set offers a wealth of options!

Indeed! I actually pulled Pestilence a while back b/c never quite came together in drafts--I'd love to throw it back in but probably not for this reason lol. I've lost too many games to it--not signing up for any more ha.
Actually, I think Worship is great. It is a great example of a powerful card, which in the end requires a workaround or answer. It is even better because it does not demand an immediate answer and it is not a clock on it's own.

It forces a cube curator to include answers. It shows players that threats can be non-creatures. It turns the game upside down, it is even not a must answer now or die.

It is bad when there are no answers/workarounds, but that holds for any powerful card.