Sets (PIP) Fallout Commander Previews

It is wild to me that Nuka-Cola Vending Machine is in exactly one of the commander decks - that card seems like the exact type of thing that everyone who is durdling in artifact ways (good) would want so I'd expect it to be in all of them just to get more supply out there/get more people to try it out!

I don't know, it seems super bad rate. Commander is so weird, people play busted 3-drops like Broadside Bombardiers and then durdly do-nothing-stuff like that.

Also, I'll never put a card with 'Cola' in it's name in my cube man.

The thing is that Bombardiers isn't busted in the context of Commander, because you have three times the number of opponents and everyone has double the normal life total. Games are also way slower in general unless you're looking at CEDH.

The thing is that Bombardiers isn't busted in the context of Commander, because you have three times the number of opponents and everyone has double the normal life total. Games are also way slower in general unless you're looking at CEDH.
the commander players say it's busted

Well, spoilers for this are over. Here's the only card I'm planning to include. I guess Sevinne's Reclamation is leaving.

BWAlX1y.png

edit: I forgot Vault 21: House Gambit. Not sure how I'll retheme that yet.
I really like this interpretation of Pre-War Formalwear! Were it for me, I'd have asked you already if I can borrow it for my cube but some of my players are newer to MtG, so I try to stick to a normal (modern) and showcase (full-art) frame for my proxies.

Because of that I made Universes Within versions of cards I want to include from [PIP] and was wondering, if we could have a "Universes Within Repository" (as a forum thread) on riptide lab. I imagine it as a place where everyone can upload their interpretations, high-res, 1/8 margin and ready to print, so others could benefit from it. I would have already started it but wasn't sure if there are some large filesize rules, as each image is 5-10 MB in size and what the preferred method of posting them would be ("insert image" from the tab?), so they can be used easily.

I only wound up testing Alpha Deathclaw but it is a super-flavorful set and I'm very pleased w/this release. The Mutant Menace precon is easily the most fun I've ever had playing Commander...I really recommend it. :marofl:
I always want to make a Commander cube as a way to avoid Rule 0, but making a four player game for my newer players seems so overwhelming. We typically have 2-3 inexperienced players per pod.

I can’t do what you’re doing. If I go down the route of accepting Universes Beyond cards that doesn’t thematically fit into a fantasy setting then soon (and I mean 5 years soon) a fourth of the cube will be UB and look off.

I think I can create nice cubes without. It will be my personal challenge to say no to mechanically sweet cards.

I missed this one, but it seems like it could have potential. It has a big butt, evasion and can hit like a truck in the right deck. It's like an Urza's Saga token that has flying which seems well worth the 3 mana and crew 2 cost.

Has anyone tried this?

I haven't tried it but I'm definitely up for it. Trying to build a cube at the moment that happens to have a lot of trinkets as a way to support artifact themes, and this looks like it could be good.

I was so excited for this set when it was announced, but retrospectively, it was such a disappointment. Most of the cards weren't that interesting and looked super ugly. Hopefully the Fallout TV show is better than this.

Nuclear Fallout is still cool, though.

I was so excited for this set when it was announced, but retrospectively, it was such a disappointment. Most of the cards weren't that interesting and looked super ugly. Hopefully the Fallout TV show is better than this.

Nuclear Fallout is still cool, though.
Though I agree a lot of the cards in the set are ugly, I've been really enjoying them from a gameplay perspective. I was surprised how many cards I ended up Cubing with!!

Watchful Radstag in particular has impressed me. It's been resilient and snowballs in a delightful fashion. If you don't mind a one-off energy card, my drafters have really enjoyed Assaultron Dominator and have found it do play nice in all sorts of decks.