General Playable X Spells / Abilities

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I currently run these

I often run these

Rosheen Meanderer is best when you want X to be "as big as possible", which is not always necessary or desirable with all of these effects. Making insanely large hydras, discards, card draws or burn spells is probably where the giantess is at. A Meanderer Boosted Sphinx's Revelation seems hard to beat

I think biomass mutation has potential, but would usually rather have overrun. Imagine if it was selesyna hybrid instead of simic...

I have an x theme in the decision cube, which is not your regular environment, but:

But this probably isn't what you're looking for :)

There's the blue counter x spells like condescend and non-spell cards like kessig wolf run but otherwise not playing a lot in my regular cube.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

UhzHWLD.jpg

I'm going to need you to take that card and shove it wayyyy up your butthole.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Rolling Earthquake I can endorse. The not hitting fliers clause on regular earthquake is REALLY bad most of the time. Shame it's like a 200$ card.

Most of the CCX quake effects are god aweful, black sun's zenith most of all, since it has bad synergy with anything that would survive it instead.

Also condescend's most frequent X value is 1 over here, but if you wanna slot some more in because YOLO, I wouldn't fault you. Scry is awesome after all

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
No love for

? That card was pretty nuts in RtR limited if I recall correctly. Two for one with damage to the dome as a side salad and all that jazz.

Since I already saw the usual suspects, also,

CML

Contributor

on a more important note, anyone who references rick and morty has no right to bash euros for their taste in american television

To get the most out of X spells, should we include some infinite mana combos? I've been looking for an excuse to put this guy back in.

i dont get you, you talk a lot about liking magic about being incremental advantage and not liking walkers and then you've just made 2 posts about infinite combos in the past bit which is like the polar opposite of incremental advantage