Sets (RNA) Ravnica Allegiance Spoilers

cavalcadeofcalamity1.jpg
Hmmmm, I wonder what other U/R cards make a bunch of 1/1s...
*COUGH*

*COUGH*

*COUGH*

I believe it is some kind of magical reflection from the spherical light around the right hand. Although I might be wrong because I see no source for the clean cut that makes the reflection’s sphere to look like a ‘C’ in the background.

Hey, Long time Lurker here, saw this card no one was talking about and just had to post about it.
finalpayment.jpg

Now, I know having this as one of your gold cards is tough, as the way i see it supplements archetypes rather than forces them, but I really like the cost here. Paying five life or sacrificing a creature might look too much a price to pay, but just imagine this in an Aristocrat shell or in a supported Lifegain theme, and even if you find youself not in these particular archetypes,

I actually don't know if you would play it, as I can only really imagine casting this for five life. But this card is still sweet, and you should totally play it.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hey, Long time Lurker here, saw this card no one was talking about and just had to post about it.
finalpayment.jpg

Now, I know having this as one of your gold cards is tough, as the way i see it supplements archetypes rather than forces them, but I really like the cost here. Paying five life or sacrificing a creature might look too much a price to pay, but just imagine this in an Aristocrat shell or in a supported Lifegain theme, and even if you find youself not in these particular archetypes,

I actually don't know if you would play it, as I can only really imagine casting this for five life. But this card is still sweet, and you should totally play it.
It's such a steep price to pay though, when {W/B} also has things like Vindicate and Mortify that vastly outclass it at only one more mana.

Yeah, quite the downside that you can't destroy enchantments with it like mortify, only sac them to it. Looking back now, I feel like this card could have been slightly more pushed considering the alternate cost.

Okay fine. Yargle gets a pass too.

It's just... cube is for doing weird shit you can't do in your standard meat and potatoes limited format. Are we really going to get excited about a vanilla 3/7 for 5 no matter how good the flavor text is?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Okay fine. Yargle gets a pass too.

It's just... cube is for doing weird shit you can't do in your standard meat and potatoes limited format. Are we really going to get excited about a vanilla 3/7 for 5 no matter how good the flavor text is?
Oh alright, I'll admit I'm not going to test the 3/7. Still though, that flavor text is such a big win. I don't mind them printing vanilla creatures like that :)

I do think there's a few additional vanillas that I could see myself running, depending on the environment.

Also, I didn't think people would take the 3/7 mention so seriously, though thinking about what makes a vanilla creature worth it is entertaining and useful. Sometimes simple stats are exciting, and sometimes synergies with the rest of the environment can be the pay-off. Or, you know, you're the only no strings attached 2/1 for one mana in the entire Pauper card pool. At any rate, Im now wondering if I should include Watchwolf in my Selesnya section...

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Prerelease Thoughts: (Yes! Arena prereleases started today!)

This card impressed me! I think it might have a home in cube honestly. Siren Stormtamer has been no slouch, and a 1/3 bricks a surprising ammount of creatures in my cube. Good prowess card, or anywhere where you want to protect one specific creature (Pteramander, Blood Artist, Young Pyromancer)

Thank god I haven't actually played against this, but I noticed it gives counters when going over the spoiler. Ajani Activations are close to my heart, I might try it.

Holy shit this thing is gas. Mainphase is probably much better than tidings.

Every time I see it I wonder if this is just black Brimaz

I know it was literally the first card spoiled, but its nice that this is until the end of your next turn. real nice for a divination, and I've only once not been able to cast both cards.

This card triggers on your end step. Thats probably just enough stats to pay attention to, let alone it can spawn more oozes, grow over time, and any sort of body/counter synergies. Plus Mutavault and Experiment One :D

This card is real strong. I'm giving one bad beat story of the following curve:

--> --> --> --> -->
Net result: me with a 2/1 in play, opponent with 3 2/2 flyings and a priest.

This card plays super nicely. I didn't know the cards just stayed under there, and it's nice that you can just turn it on for 4 mana, kinda like a reach + azure mage type effect.

That's all for now, I'm gonna pile on a few more tomorrow!

After having played against Rhythm of the wild on the MTG Arena sealed event I can tell you that card is real. It works perfectly in a more aggresive midrange deck, like gruul! The flexibility of making your early game creatures more beefy and your mid- to lategame threats hasty is just soo soo good. I was playing a UW control deck, and the pressure I felt from that card was quite a lot. It just opens so many more good lines of play for the gruul player. SWEET card!

Edit: also, woo! I went 6 wins 3 losses. Pretty decent, makes me feel like I can make judgements about my cube that aren't completely built on air.