General Showcase 2021

Stream here

Upcoming content (skipped some of it. Watch the stream for the full information)

Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty
About 2000 years since we left Kamigawa. Now a futuristic world.

FF47F6E5-2C24-4692-8CC5-3BE56D7E157E.png

Streets of New Capenna
A crime family, mafia set. Tri-color focused.
DF2DBD4D-3E12-459C-8C8B-B254DDABF4A7.png

Dominaria United
Back to the home plane, setting up for the next set
6F1520DF-03F3-46F4-8A3C-287E88382C64.jpeg
78461AFC-0AD3-4C01-868B-EEE3932FDAED.png

The BrothersWar
They did it. Lore people find this story the most incredible one in the game. In case anyone didn’t know Urza was born on the first day of year 0 and Mishra on the last day of year 0. And ever since the story have had a calendar.
654FA8B5-D24C-4EF1-93B5-F498FDBA4533.jpeg
9411BA6C-AADF-40AE-94FD-606DEA401E24.png

Later we will get a full The Lord of the Rings set into Modern.
8AB9CA7B-EE80-4C36-8261-B22928F8860B.png

Before this we will get a Warhammer 40000 Commander set.
52250A89-E196-4E30-810C-0B9256A82D0D.png

Very soon we will get a draftable Commander set related to Dungeons & Dragons called “Battle for Baldur’s Gate”
EE200496-17F6-422A-A9C2-F2C8B41BA485.png

And finally there will be the fifth Un-set called Unfinity which will focus on theme parks in space.
80C34615-257D-40C4-92E0-9E5559245ADD.jpeg

Edit: Running out of pictures to upload (max of 10 per comment). We also have a Street Fighter set and a Fortnite set.

Last edited:
You got a few things wrong. LotR set will go into modern, but not into stadard. The Warhammer Set will just be commander decks. The draftable commander set will be the d&d set, it's called commander legends: Baldur's gate or something.

And I just hate them right now for actaully ruining the loveliness of kamigawa like this. It hurts and there's a chance I would've rather not gone back at all. But maybe I'll get a new ninja I can accept or they will give us a showcase style that doesn't look like futuristic bullshit.

And I just hate them right now for actaully ruining the loveliness of kamigawa like this. It hurts and there's a chance I would've rather not gone back at all. But maybe I'll get a new ninja I can accept or they will give us a showcase style that doesn't look like futuristic bullshit.
I think they did this because Topps wouldn't give them the rights to Shadowrun :p

woot woot woot, Kamigawa and Mafia sets!
isn’t there a shout out about a street fighter crossover in there somewhere too? gonna be a fun year for sure

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I think they did this because Topps wouldn't give them the rights to Shadowrun :p
I was just about to comment that this has Shadowrun all over it and I'm here for it! It's definitely possible to craft a futuristic yet still very fantasy-feeling world.

Edit: 4 full sets since the start of 2021 is nuts though. Still can't keep up with this release schedule >_>

Edit 2: Missed opportunity for a shout-out to Squirrel Mob during the Streets of New Capenna segment! :D I now want a Squirrel Mobster...

Edit 3: YouTube comments gold: "Sensei's Divining Laptop" Kekekekekekekek

:marofl:

Last edited:
I dunno about you all, but I'm straight-up jazzed for all of these. Unfinity is the one I have the most questions/doubts about, but frankly if there's anything I trust Wizards to do right at this point it's Un sets.

Kamigawa has me especially excited because it was my first set. I loved how it was unabashedly cryptic to me as an eight-to-twelve-year-old American boy and how it didn't pander to what the designers thought I could or could not understand. It simply was. Granted, in retrospect it needed quite a bit more cultural grounding so I'm glad that they alluded to that on the show. But I do hope that they keep Kamigawa weird instead of just taking all their cues from that horrible Scarlet Johansson Ghost In The Shell movie.

Yeah, despite the Shadowrun jab, I still think these all sound pretty cool.
Especially excited for the Brothers War and Unfinity.
Kind of worried about Warhammer 40k, it has great lore, but I hope they don't try to replicate the mechanics of Warhammer in Magic. Just... stay in the lore please ;)

Kind of worried about Warhammer 40k, it has great lore, but I hope they don't try to replicate the mechanics of Warhammer in Magic. Just... stay in the lore please ;)
Considering 40K: I have been playing that even longer than Magic and almost every army could work within the existing special rules or abilities. But considering their design approach for D&D Warhammer is all about rolling dice, only D6. So I guess we‘ll get a lot more die rolling…

Interested in the slate of the new sets coming out, especially The Brothers War. I was hoping we'd revisit some of the MTG past someday and this looks super promising. I'm a bit wary of Kamigawa reboot but hoping that they do a good job. Streets of Caperna looks like it'll be pretty cool, new setting with some Conspiracy like vibes. Give me my Tri-Cycle shard lands for EDH! All of the new to Magic sets look great to me and I'm looking forward to them next year.

Not feeling another Commander Legends release being D&D themed. I loved the first set, probably my favorite release in years since EDH is mainly how I play MTG nowadays, but I'm already not a fan. Get this D&D gimmick out of here. I hate rolling dice and the flavor is a zero to me as solely a Magic player. I don't hate D&D or an occasional collaboration via SL or supplemental decks, I just don't want any more of it in Magic as a whole ass set.

I'm super disappointed that UB LoTR is going to be modern ported ala Modern Horizons. Maybe one of the worst decisions they've made in a long while in terms of what could go wrong. Its the one constructed format I still play on occasion and keep up with. I have zero faith in their ability to not print pushed cards in a "special" set. All it takes is one and their track record with stuff Nexus of Fate and pretty much mythics in the era of FIRE makes me feel its a matter of when and not if. Just one potential staple and it's going to cause a lot of supply issues down the line once they stop actively printing. Why the fuck would you introduce Godzilla frame tech and then just shelve it? It seems ideal for UB as a whole.

I'm super disappointed that UB LoTR is going to be modern ported ala Modern Horizons. Maybe one of the worst decisions they've made in a long while in terms of what could go wrong. Its the one constructed format I still play on occasion and keep up with. I have zero faith in their ability to not print pushed cards in a "special" set. All it takes is one and their track record with stuff Nexus of Fate and pretty much mythics in the era of FIRE makes me feel its a matter of when and not if. Just one potential staple and it's going to cause a lot of supply issues down the line once they stop actively printing. Why the fuck would you introduce Godzilla frame tech and then just shelve it? It seems ideal for UB as a whole.

Haha OMG imagine a B&R update with "The One Ring has now been banned in Modern, Legacy and restricted in Vintage"

Who wants to guess the colors of some of the legendary characters from Middle Earth?

Put in your guess now so we can compare in 1,5 year to see who hit spot on :p

Going from the top of the power level:

Sauron: Black
Galadrial: 5-color
Gandalf: White
Saruman: Orzhov
Elrond: Gruul
Aragorn: Selesnya
Gimli: Red
Frodo: Blue
Samwell: Green

Sauron: Rakdos
Gandalf: Azorius (1 card) / White (1 card)
Saruman: Dimir
Aragorn: Boros
Boromir: Red
Gimli: Red
Legolas: Green
Frodo: Orzhov
Sam: Green
Gollum: Black
Elrond: no card
Galadriel: no card

Saruman Dimir sounds way better than my guess!

Gandalf gets two cards sounds very Wizards of the Coast we well!