Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I fourth that. Walking Ballista is fun!

Hangarback used to be in my cube, but it's just a smidge overwhelming. If you want a growing artifact that doesn't turn into a ton of flyers when it dies, there's

This card was a secret powerhouse in M13 limited, and it's actually a lot stronger than it looks. Often you'll just leave it up as a blocker that threatens to grow larger, until it grows into a serious clock and it's time to go face.

I reeeaaally consider adding this card. It's tough to find well balanced discard spells (Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek are too strong, Distress sucks with double b and Lay Bare the Heart doesn't hit planeswalkers anymore while nearly all of the alternatives are way too specific, nearly unplayable or cost three mana) and this card enables you to get rid of ANY card, even from the top of your opponent's library, and it does have madness in a colour where it's naturally supported. Worth a try?

I reeeaaally consider adding this card. It's tough to find well balanced discard spells (Thoughtseize and Inquisition of Kozilek are too strong, Distress sucks with double b and Lay Bare the Heart doesn't hit planeswalkers anymore while nearly all of the alternatives are way too specific, nearly unplayable or cost three mana) and this card enables you to get rid of ANY card, even from the top of your opponent's library, and it does have madness in a colour where it's naturally supported. Worth a try?

I don't know, man. I feel like if I'm ever hard casting this it's gonna feel awful. Sure, the madness is acceptable, but the base cost for the effect is pretty bad.

I don't like Brutality. I know, people here love it, but I find its modes underwhelming and redundant.
Doomfall looks reasonable but Not very good. Duress, Crime and Blackmail already Take five (!) slots in my list. :D
I'd Like Lay Bare the Heart to be a 1B Distress but that seems impossible.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
It's real close, though it can't take walkers now, which might be a problem.

If you do want another, maybe that one from oath/bfa that exiles things and has devoid? I think it's 3 CMC or more

At 360 (1) cards, I'm not even sure you need/want another of this effect? I might put, for instance, another reanimation effect before a sixth of this kind of effect, especially considering you also have a variety of plain discard effects (Rotting Rats etc)

As Crime isn't targeting, I wouldn't put it in the very same category as Duress and Blackmail. Mesmeric Fiend is something I already thought of, especially because sacrificing things is real in my cube. I guess I'll try it, thanks.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Oh god no please

Unhinged is designed to puniah people for doing things. Usually subconscious things.
If subcontract is the worst a Thoughtseize could be, stop that is an uncounterable mind twist