Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

I've tried Rite of Belzenlok in a very slow power level, it's okay. In my experience reads like
"4 mana, wait two of your turns, summon 4 0/1's and your opponent discards a removal spell, if that removal spell is Faith's Fetters, cry. If your opponent doesn't have a removal spell summon a 0/6 with flying that reads 'wait three of your turns, then win the game'"
It's a really weird Baneslayer, and for so much waiting I'd prefer to just play Approach of the Second Sun.

I switched to

and haven't switched back

Rite of Belzenlok is indeed pretty weak. The reason is that it doesn't do anything for three turns. If you play it on turn four, you won't be attacking until turn seven.

A 4/4 flyer would have done more damage in the meantime and you can get one of those with an upside, like Nightmare Shepherd. And while it reads great, Nightmare Shepherd hasn't actually been very strong.

Time of Ice is a great draft card, but it might be too expensive for most cubes. 4 mana and three turns is a lot.

The Mirari Conjecture is solid. It requires some build-around and can be either extremely potent or a very expensive Regrowth.

The Eldest Reborn is a lot of fun.

Rite of Belzenlok is pretty good in sacrifice decks. It's 4 tokens for 4 mana + a 6/6 flier two turns from now that enables your death triggers. Also a reasonable card on defense, as 4 chumpers stall the ground quite a bit. It's not 360 powermax material, but I wouldn't call it terrible.

Has anyone been able to jam this yet in a game? She seems super cool as a bridge for Lark, Squee, and wide aggro archetypes.
Edit: and historic, and humans, obvy

Edit edit: today in magical Christmas land, an opening hand for her:

Assume you draw a land ofc :p

Makes sense on Rite. I was thinking like japahn, where you're getting a ton of bodies and that seems good, but it's a terrible top deck.

I already have Eldest. Card's so good. Just trying to up the enchantment density right now

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Basically you should look up all Sagas:
https://scryfall.com/search?q=type:saga
I looked up all ENCHANTMENTS!

Scriptures is too scary to me as a board wrath into yard wrath. That's a lot going on for my format.

Definitely have enjoyed the couple sagas I've actually had a chance to play with. They feel like nerfed walkers. Get a couple small value turns and one bigger value turn. The opponent knows exactly what's coming, so it's easier to play around the "ultimate" if needed. Looking forward to adding more. Liking how my design philosophy is coming along.

Also, my final list is super in flux right now. There's a decent bit going on in my thread, if you want to see all the enchantments I'm looking at.

Stifle has always felt way too narrow with it either being insane stopping an early fetch or really underwhelming being a dead draw late in the game. The best analog we have is probably just this guy:

And it's mostly because he's never a dead card. Sure, you won't get the backbreaking swing like you would from Stifling a T2 Fetch, but you also get a card that isn't just dead if it isn't an optimal scenario. The window for Stifle has just always been too niche in cubes for me. Tale's End is probably where you need for it to be playable in a blind matchup.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
It neuters a wide variety of things (Sakura-Tribe Elder, Ancestral Vision, Oblivion Ring, Pernicious Deed etc to name just a few) but also combos with a lot (keep Uro around, permanently exile everything with Parallax Wave, exile something with Flickerwisp and stop it coming back, stop EOT triggers etc)

Trying to add BWu enchantments. G doesn't look like it's going to work for me unless I change my ramp suite to land auras, which I won't do.

Current narrow payoffs are Doomwake Giant, Zur the Enchanter, and Alela, Artful Provocateur but that locks the deck into Esper and I'd like BW to stand on its own. I also have 14W, 5U, 25B enchantments (pre-cuts), so it's heavily in B/W for enchantment count. Then I added Rise to Glory and Obzedat's Aid as fine reanimation spells that can potentially do a bit more for this deck.

How's Starfield? Any better payoffs? Looked at Open the Vaults as well, but it seemed too much like another yard deck rather than an enchantment deck. Maybe it's better because two decks want it? Maybe I should lean in on artifact/enchantment being one deck like Stone Haven Pilgrim, etc? I DO run UBw artifacts, so maybe I should go ahead and blend them a little?

Hanna, Ship’s Navigator; Prowess; and Historic all support a blended artifact/enchantment theme.
Devotion does too but i don’t know of many good devotion pushers other than Gray Merchant.

Trying to add BWu enchantments. G doesn't look like it's going to work for me unless I change my ramp suite to land auras, which I won't do.

Current narrow payoffs are Doomwake Giant, Zur the Enchanter, and Alela, Artful Provocateur but that locks the deck into Esper and I'd like BW to stand on its own. I also have 14W, 5U, 25B enchantments (pre-cuts), so it's heavily in B/W for enchantment count. Then I added Rise to Glory and Obzedat's Aid as fine reanimation spells that can potentially do a bit more for this deck.

How's Starfield? Any better payoffs? Looked at Empty the Vaults as well, but it seemed too much like another yard deck rather than an enchantment deck. Maybe it's better because two decks want it? Maybe I should lean in on artifact/enchantment being one deck like Stone Haven Pilgrim, etc? I DO run UBw artifacts, so maybe I should go ahead and blend them a little?

I love this card to bits but it's way too slow for the majority of cube environments. I think Replenish, despite it's high monetary value, is probably the most reasonable variant of this effect.

this is why i’m glad i asked here, i was worried it was actually TOO powerful!
i do have threats that grow, that’s an interesting possible downside. although my common usage expectation is that the control player slams this turn 6 after playing some value dork like Resto or Mulldrifter turns 4-5 to wipe out the weenies. but that may be a stupid assumption!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
this is why i’m glad i asked here, i was worried it was actually TOO powerful!
i do have threats that grow, that’s an interesting possible downside. although my common usage expectation is that the control player slams this turn 6 after playing some value dork like Resto or Mulldrifter turns 4-5 to wipe out the weenies. but that may be a stupid assumption!

Typically I've found they slam it on T6 and need to select large and small to avoid dying to Master of the Wild Hunt or some nonsense

Is this.. good?

Or too minor effect on the board?

It seems like paying for the equip cost will not be necessary too often.

Is this.. good?

Or too minor effect on the board?

It seems like paying for the equip cost will not be necessary too often.

Not good....I can't really think of an environment that I would want to run this in. There's so many more interesting equipment options

Is this guy as hot garbage as I think? The body and upfront mana cost just seem horrid to me, but i would LOVE an izzet card that did basically what he does at better rates.