Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Is this actually any good? I’m seeing a nice intersection of “spells matter” and “top card matters” and “fliers” for my cube, but am i wearing rose glasses here?

[c ]Riddleform[/c ]
[ci ][/ci ]
[img ]Riddleform Spoiler Season Image[/img ]
Those are the main ones I use. Don't know of a thread. You can usually quote someone to see what they did to make their post apepar that way if you want to learn new tricks. Maybe there is a thread, I dunno.

That said, I think Riddle's baseline of "nothing" when you don't cast a noncreature is too low to justify that the payoff is only +1/+1 better than many other blue fliers.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I tested Riddleform in my cube, and it was okay, but not exciting. I imagine it would have been better in a WU control shell with wraths if that color combination was supported in my cube. But yeah, on average it's a 1.5-power flyer for 2 mana, which is just worse than Welkin Tern.

I'm a fan of Jadelight Ranger, it intersects counters, lands, graveyards, blink...fetchable with recruiter of the guard, milita bugler, recurs with reveillark, unearth, etc. You can finesse it a little with scry effects. The only knocks against is being a green three drop when there's so many good ones to choose from already, and it's not particularly splashable.

I like Merfolk Branchwalker as well. It might seem to be too low impact, but I think it's an elegant glue card.

I've never loved it. I wish I had the choice, but card's always a muldrifter when you want the body and gets counters when you need the lands.

Two options:
1. Selective memory (Extreme or bad scenarios are easier to remember than the average result is.)
2. Low statistical data input yields statistical results that feel weird until you’ve repeated the process a few hundred times. (This is like “I always roll a low value on a D6 dice when I need a 6”. Well yeah.. because you’ve only rolled the dice 100 times. Try repeating the game again and again and see how you feel.)

A third option could be it actually often is the opposite of what you want but there is no evidence to support that claim so we can safely rule that one out.

You know, I'd be happy to have it fuck me over. It's so far beyond a Divination and it's above the curve with yard support if it goes 4/3. K, I'm gonna give it a try. Never got it before cus it was $10 in Standard and then I forgot.

In my experience, Jadelight Ranger is much better than Merlfolk Branchwalker but neither has been great for me. Seeing two cards makes Ranger a pretty solid card, but Branchwalker is often a 3/2 that does nothing.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Without other scarecrows, it basically cycles itself for 1 mana, which is decent? It's fragile, its value depends on how good reanimating artifact features for 4 mana is.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Scarecrone was always too fragile for my tastes, and there are few enough good artifact creatures to return that being able to reuse the ability is less relevant than you might like. That said, tying reanimation to summoning sick creatures is a good way to limit how explosive those effects can be so you don't have to worry about your favourite Myr Battlesphere equivalent breaking games open too soon

No experience with the cavaliers, they never really appealed to me on paper....same with the titans...I do like all of the gearhulks tho

anyone tested:

Can’t tell if he promotes fun positive gameplay or if he’s a filthy good mindless idiot. Should be fair, right?

I've played with Cavalier of Dawn and I liked it.

Most of the time it doesn't have a clear cut best use which is a plus in my books. It also has so many synergies, some of which are GY related. In white! Cycling some enchantments? Sacrificing artifacts or creatures? Going wide with tokens? Need a big butt to survive Wildfire?

Obviously its mana cost is the issue with it making it more narrow than I'd like, but by turn 5 you've probably seen a bunch of cards to help with fixing. I think I just talked myself into including it again :p

As for Neheb, Dreadhorde Champion, he seems super fair. Your opponents have a turn to prepare, but since you only need to get a single point of trample through, you can create situations to counter their preperations (via removal or tricks). Also he has a really high ceiling and a respectable floor so seems fun!

The 5/4 trample for 4 is already good and the high ceiling scares me a little. Let me know how he does, because he's definitely the kind of card I could make use of.

How's this one been? I like I and II, but I worry that III is going to lead to a ridiculous turn too often.

Is this too annoying? Or is it too weak when I could just wrath on 5 cmc?

Any experience?

I know this is strong, but I'm curious how it performs in cube.