Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Yeah its very strong, but I gotta have early 2-for-1s to keep up with all of the free CA fast decks have access to now - so much incidental card draw, or strong ETB effects, or extra bodies, all so low on the curve that I feel more sorry for the controlling decks trying to trade 1-for-1 with removal :p

This is a great post-combat gotcha, after you chump with like a Stitcher's Supplier or something (So it's a 2-for-2), maybe even trade in combat and get a 3-for-2, and then later on after you've resolved your Woe Strider or whatever, it gets to be a 2-for-1 that lets you hold up mana for more interaction.

That all said, gotta go with what you and the people you draft with like to play, absolutely #1 priority

I mean, the Flashback does also happen a fair bit, but yeah I've never seen it bought back, and I think it got kicked in one of my cube drafts like, once - off the flashback. I also had the exact same reaction when I learned about the Buyback/Flashback interaction.

Preacher sits in a weird spot, where it wants you to have good removal (because you're generally going to get their worst creature) and bad removal (because it's a 1/1 for {1}{W}{W} with no inherent protective abilities). That said... test that fire-and-brimstone out!

Fun fact, there are only three other mono-white mind control effects (four, if you count Adarkar Valkyrie):

Debt of Loyalty is kinda interesting...

EDIT: To clarify why... the Oracle text for Debt of Loyalty is "Regenerate target creature. You gain control of that creature if it regenerates this way." That's one damn flavorful card.

I dunno if I'd say that it's worse, necessarily, since you get the creature (albeit temporarily).

Like, you could theoretically use Preacher to repeatedly steal creatures from your opponent before combat on their turn, and then chump their attackers with their own creatures.

---

On a different note, I was looking at this fine fellow earlier today, and was wondering if there's a version without any of that Day/Night nonsense:

The answer, weirdly enough, is no! Oh, sure, there's cards like Halana and Alena, Partners or Xenagos, God of Revels, but they're on a completely different scale.

Love minimal fixing solutions like that! Why Evolving Wilds over Ash Barrens though? Barrens seems to have better play for proactive decks vs wilds.
Wilds is more replayable from the yard and has more versions (with Terramorphic Expanse) for art-singleton. It'll likely include a few Ash Barrens. I haven't worked on any MtG cube stuff for quite a while now. Really disappointed in WotC and not motivated to use their product at the moment. Current project is an all-custom Yu-Gi-Oh cube lol.

The concept is from @blacksmithy's old, old design.

I dunno if I'd say that it's worse, necessarily, since you get the creature (albeit temporarily).

Like, you could theoretically use Preacher to repeatedly steal creatures from your opponent before combat on their turn, and then chump their attackers with their own creatures.

---

On a different note, I was looking at this fine fellow earlier today, and was wondering if there's a version without any of that Day/Night nonsense:

The answer, weirdly enough, is no! Oh, sure, there's cards like Halana and Alena, Partners or Xenagos, God of Revels, but they're on a completely different scale.

There’s

A super cool draft card from Strixhaven. Certainly worth your time if you’re low power enough. It plays on many different axis. It’s a Cleric for party, it has flying and it gives out vigilance. It creates a very different game than most other cards.

I saw Nanonox trying this out. What do you think of it? It's a cool card
Lol I don’t even know why it’s in my cube list! I have no recollection of wanting it or adding it.
Either way, it’s too slow and vulnerable to hang in my cube I think. Or is it the secret tech for White based sacrifice decks?!