Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Seems great in a sidisi/living death/spider spawning style of BUG deck. Let's you name a piece you want in hand (like Living Death), and then fill the yard for the effect. I like. More unique angle to UG beyond some flavor of straight card draw.

I think the card can be good, but what bothers me is the fact that the text on the card inspires me not to go blink!

I know the oracle text says "enters the battlefield" as opposed to "from your hand" but unless your drafters know this, it won't necessarily go into the decks you intend it for.

But you know your drafters so you can decide if that is a big deal or not.

Oh yeah, that bothers me too. Specially since the question will inevitably come up. I've been thinking about making a mockup with improved text, but I wouldn't know how.

Nine years running Fire Imp, I had never noticed it said "from your hand". I really really like it in blink, though...

all Fire Imps are beautiful

(unironically b/c it hasn't been reprinted enough for the default art to be some soulless digital thing)

1. Beauty is a subjective quality. You do not have the whole truth because other people's opinion matter.
2. He was making a joke.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Also, if you're not on team pro-Fire Imp, you're on team anti-Fire Imp!

WHO'S THE PLANE'S BIGGEST PIMP?! FIRE IMP! FIRE IMP! wooOooOoOoOOoOOOoOOOOO! FI!-RE! IIIIIIIMP!

Are you with us or not?! ;)

I've only played her in standard rather than a cube context, but Tamiyo-chan is literally my favorite card in standard right now. Even if she whiffs she's filling the graveyard for value which she herself can take advantage of even if you have no other graveyard stuff going on. Her passive is also way more relevant than you'd think. She's like the perfect UG walker.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I think you're taking his comment too seriously. He's just saying he legit appreciates the Fire Imp art because it predates the current era of predominantly digital art. The "all" at the start of "all Fire Imp are beautiful" is already an indication of a tongue-in-cheek reply, and the fact that he responded to an obviously joke-y post, for me, only reinforces that impression. Then again...

1. Beauty is a subjective quality. You do not have the whole truth because other people's opinion matter.
2. He was making a joke.
It's hard to tell if you're dead serious here or also replying tongue-in-cheek :)

I think he was trying to make a joke (successfully) and then went away from the joke onto his statement in the lines of "Modern artwork for Magic the gathering are too digital and boring, too generic.." and that is where I caught him. He didn't use those words as you can go up and see. This is where I am asking him if that was also a joke, because it didn't sound like it.

Beauty is a subjective quality. Don't ever try and tell me anything else.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I think he was trying to make a joke (successfully) and then went away from the joke onto his statement in the lines of "Modern artwork for Magic the gathering are too digital and boring, too generic.." and that is where I caught him. He didn't use those words as you can go up and see. This is where I am asking him if that was also a joke, because it didn't sound like it.

Beauty is a subjective quality. Don't ever try and tell me anything else.
I think the message you should take away from Dom's post is that he thinks "all Fire Imps are beautiful", not that he thinks everybody should think "all Fire Imps are beautiful", completely in line with your point that beauty is a subjective quality :)

I've been thinking about the new Horizon lands and I wonder. How crazy would it be to replace the lowest tier of dual lands (fastlands) with them?

In other words, how crazy would it be to run 6 of these cards in a cube?

I'm a big fan of running the canopy cycle. I think they're more fair than fetches/duals. Having to always pay life to tap them for mana balances them a lot. I also really like it when lands have built in ways to help smooth draws and deal with mana flood, like these, the cycling lands, temples even. I think pain or fast lands could be easy cuts for these.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I've been thinking about the new Horizon lands and I wonder. How crazy would it be to replace the lowest tier of dual lands (fastlands) with them?

In other words, how crazy would it be to run 6 of these cards in a cube?

I can make you the other 4 if you want.

Also are the fastlands low tier? I get that they're not fetchable, but they're really good at all the points when you need them.