Card/Deck Start your Engines: A Temur Card Advantage Deck

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Your experience echos mine as well. Drake Haven has the same problem, but people seem to really enjoy it, so I keep it in. Vortex hasn't had the same draw, and I would like to cut it.

I agree that the card requires some work to fit into an environment. It can be run in virtually any red-heavy deck, but it's stock goes way up with an archetype surrounding it. I think one major problem is people try to put it into decks that want to speed the game up. It's 100% better in long-game decks, which has been one challenge in developing the archetype properly. Vortex and Seismic Assault act more fluidly as a sort of board control engine, which pivots into a wincon once the game is stabilized. Less-developed sections of the engine (say, only Vortex + Crucible) have worked well solely in the board control role, with other cards as the win con.

Stormbind may be an important piece I'm missing, but I'm hesitant thinking that the random discard will be too much of a turn-off for the group.

Again, definitely not for every format. But it's a very rewarding card for a rewarding archetype if you invest in it.

Hazoret is a very good card, but doesn't seem great for this Archetype. She is a great aggressive card, but this archetype doesn't really want that. She can't control the board, and she can't block until you are hellbent, so she is going to be taking a turn that might otherwise be used to stabilize or develop some incremental advantage.

She is phenomenal with Madness though, so I'd definitely include her for that goal. And she's a really powerful card anyways, so I could see running her simply for beatdown decks.

A card that looks better in this deck I think:

Filling the board with multiple blockers, and opening the possibility to shock creatures makes this quite a bit better for the long-game plan we want here. Can also contribute some chip-shots of damage as the game progresses. P&K is very runnable for multiple other reasons/decks also, of course.

I seriously didn't ever consider P&K a possibility for my thin cc4-slot in red, as my artifact support in R/W/U is only marginal. Maybe I should give it a shot, along Stormbind (switching out Molten Vortex for it) this could be interesting. Adding some of the treasure-creating cards might help P&K also.

Hazoret is lame as it's only good for very aggressive decks, same goes for Kefnet, just the other way round (very durdly).
To complete my thoughts on the god cycle: The green one is OP, the white and black ones seem to be the only two gods which could fit into a mid-powered riptidian cube, dependant on the support given in their particular colours.