The Music Thread

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Okay...
Well when you've got these cute embedded players right? What a wonder, but you and I both know there are silly little problems with playing a song or video on your FB feed or say on a forum. My tactic to combat disappointment and fumbles is to always click on the youtube button on the bottom right corner of the embedded player!
That way I've got a whole 'nother tab to work with for sweet navigating action.

Anyone got any favourite housetraxx they wana show their old crotchety uncle lucas?

Ah, yes, that button. Good idea.

Right now I'm sitting and listening through the latest music I Kickstarted, the Turrican soundtrack.
Remastered and revisited, but very much like this:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The monthly listening cap is really awkward. I'll see if I can dig up some old playlists.

This has become my go-to to listen to while doing programming / reading, so I've heard this song several hundred times by now. Then I listened to the rest of his catalog and wasn't really into the other stuff. Strange.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Diggin the Goblin Cock. I haven't been on much of a music kick recently but this is what I recently thought was awesome:
And random Queens of the Stone Age songs cuz they rock.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Diggin the Goblin Cock.
Context required.

And random Queens of the Stone Age songs cuz they rock.

For some reason this reminds me of a story. In seventh grade, my friend wrote a paper called "Why the Beatles are the Best". The paper had a dedication page, which read: "This paper is dedicated to Nirvana, because they are they best." Way to undermine your own thesis there, bud.

I just bought Mosquito by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (aside: via google music, and I'm immediately listening too it; yay for the future). My normal musical wheelhouse is them, Electric Six (they actually have more than those three songs you know), Cake, They Might Be Giants (only a couple of decades late), MC Frontalot, Katzenjammer, and a bunch of ambient-y dance-y music like Ratata, Django Django, Stereo Alchemy. Maybe I just can't make my mind up about what I like.

(I tried linking a playlist of the whole album, but you might have to click through to find it?)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of things, Spotify Premium is the best ten euros I spend every month. I cannot say enough good things about the service.

I always loved the shit out of this band.

Something a little more soulful

I have a wide range as the kids say.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member