The Video Game Thread

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Does anyone know if there is an HD (remastered) version of Heroes of Might and Magic 3 with both expansions?

So far I can find a full package of the game on GOG but it isn't in HD.
So far I can find the HD version on Steam but it doesn't have the expansions.
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroes3/comments/p8dtoe/homm3_hd_mod_compatibility_with_expansions/

Apparently there's a fan-made HD mod for the complete edition sold on GOG. No idea how good it is, but looks like it's something you could explore :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
No, I decided to stop playing around Christmas iirc. Eventually I find all games with daily quests wear on me and sooner or later my desire to do other stuff starts to outweigh the joy I get from grinding those daily quests.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I came across your discussion about Magic Spellslingers, and it sounds like a fun game! It's always great to discover new games and explore different twists on popular genres like Hearthstone.
It's a fun game, but the last great content update was in November last year. They've done some minor updates since then, with them releasing two new planeswalkers in March of this year, but WotC still isn't pushing the game, so I assume they're letting it die slowly. Sad, really.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
1690129332919.png

I'm having a lot of fun with a spreadsheet. I'm trying to answer the basic question of the game: Do I buy this cheap, not-powerful thing now? Or wait to afford the more expensive thing that produces more cookies?
I've gotten it down to an answerable question: Assuming I'm buying one of both building A and B, is it faster to buy A first or B first? Looking at this screenshot, it's better to wait and buy a Chancemaker before almost any other building I currently own. This was actually not the case one purchase ago, when it was faster to buy a Prism, even though the value of the chancemaker was higher. Maybe not surprising, but it was the first time I'd seen this case, and it's important not to think that better value always means good purchase.
Weirdly, it looks like it's worth buying Farms, Mines and Factories first, even though these contribute next to nothing at the moment. The time gained is on the level of like 10^-13 seconds though.