Card/Deck Thopters

The name of mom being Pia and pa being Kiran also works better because in both arts for the card, you have mom on the left and dad on the right. That way as you read the card from left to right, you can better identify who is who. This is a trick also used in cinematography sometimes so it is easier for the viewer to follow along and know who's who with a little less confusion. It sounds a lot more clever than it is but still a noteworthy detail. Especially since they failed to do this with Anax and Cymede.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Pia is the mother, Kiran is the father. Source: Chandra's Origins story over on the mothership.

Funnily enough only Kiran is mentioned, and only once. It's enough to determine who's who though.

Her mother clanked down a tight coil of stairs, wearing heavy gloves and an embroidered shawl around her hips. She carried a metal canister with all the ceremony of a birthday cake. “Her inaugural solo delivery! Oh, just look at her, Kiran! She’s going to burst. Here, daughter, come and help me seal this before the shipment explodes—or you do.”

Omg guys, you know how big a fan I am of tinker and tinker-lite but I'm starting to think we are gonna get two of these threads every quarter when new build around draft decks surface.

It is not that I don't like red sand steppe outcasts but i feel like I should say something about our trope.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Omg guys, you know how big a fan I am of tinker and tinker-lite but I'm starting to think we are gonna get two of these threads every quarter when new build around draft decks surface.

It is not that I don't like red sand steppe outcasts but i feel like I should say something about our trope.

You say this like it's a bad thing. Some of my favorite cube decks are limited buildarounds from eras past :p

I actually thought that was half the point of a cube forum, especially riptide. The majority are kinda iffy in the 'traditional' cube, but the number of weird things I've helped my local peasant cube cycle through thanks to this forum is quite high.

Thopter surinam toad was actually my sleeper pick of the set, then I went on vacation and it multiplied its price many times. Luckily I opened one in my prerelease prize packs but it's fine in a lot of archetypes IMO. Spy network isn't good enough in the average cube IMO, you either need an MMA-style artifact archetype, the FSR-style minimalist artifact theme, or THE ETHERIUM ASTROLABE

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
It should be be fine with artifact-in-a-can guys. At lower/mid power you can run splicers, and you also have the option to double up on pia/whirler, with possible support from hangerback walker and maybe master's call.