en_hGGT6dfb0a.png
en_VdRBZAa7qV.png
en_H2zS6Tr4hf.png
en_Fk98d6ib4R.png
en_NO4z5XguFl.png
en_8lIBCiSv8v.png
en_2pmzLetbr4.png
en_sfbK6JMCJ6.png

17 cards is about what I was hoping for, maybe even a little better, so I am very happy. There is also this one but I have an altered version of it so ...

en_urYVNZgODq.png

And with their new looks there are a few cards that have slightly increased their chances of getting (back) into my cube at some point:

en_Mn79o6nkKM.png
en_hv8M2PBQ51.png
en_gmbULskXHD.png
en_DeYXvMJFKS.png
en_g5uibacB9Q.png
en_TCbRxqAZcT.png
en_8inRd6K2Sg.png
en_or7mz5tYSn.png
en_AJ1RdrC7hM.png
en_ASTFh9PXCh.png
en_MtLuFWVpae.png
en_7ljdsH58ub.png
en_83vPYn3RqS.png
en_35S0LGR2aA.png

Even though there are no new cards, I haven't had a spoiler season that gave me such a warm and fuzzy feeling for many years

I want a copy of just about everything on the Timeshifted sheet that I already have in Cube, but I also want it in foil with the classic shooting star. I'm a sucker for those old foils. It's bizarre to me that this is the one set in recent times that they just straight up won't have a collector booster option. I won't actually be able to pick up the pricier ones that I wanted (Thoughtseize and Ponder are going to be stupid pricey), but if I had to prioritize I think I'm going to be keeping an eye out for these guys:

lingeringsouls1.jpg
flickerwisp.jpg
treasurecruise.jpg
mulldrifter1.jpg
ninjaofthedeephours1.jpg
tasigurthegoldenfang.jpg
graymerchantofasphodel.jpg
shriekmaw1.jpg
youngpyromancer.jpg
zealousconscripts.jpg
angerofthegods1.jpg
hollowone1.jpg

And also upgrade my copy of Venser with this superior artwork:

vensershapersavant1.jpg

Isn't this the original artwork?

Yeah, but the foil from original Time Spiral is prohibitively expensive so I've been using the EMA copy with the FTV art for now:

128491_200w.jpg

The original art is vastly superior. The good news is that this leads to side-upgrades elsewhere with this EMA Venser replacing the non-foil in my Aminatou EDH deck and that copy then being put aside for my CMDR Cube project.

OG art Venser is the best, but I really dislike the new Legendary frame, so I will keep the FTV one unless I can find a Future Sight foil Venser (which is like 20€ on mkm)

For the time shifted cards, I already have 35 of them in my cube (so I need to do 35 upgrades) and there are like 15 cards I wanted to add in my cube and now there are these beautiful copies.
Probably all the foil ones will be extremely pricey, right? This is so sad... I think I will start with the cards I don't already own

I think the joke is that the art of Chromatic Star shows, from top to bottom in the right, blue, green, white, yellow, red, and "black" light. As five of those colors are the colors in Magic, it implies that the star is changing light of any color into one of these colors. Yellow's inclusion therefore means that it can make yellow mana and that yellow is therefore a color in Magic.

Also the art quite definitely shows both cyan and indigo. WotC have at last realised that blue is overpowered and will split it into two to reflect this. We’ll be going up to 7 colours and another 11 guilds will be founded on Ravnica.

and yes, I would cheerfully paint over that art. It looks too digital for my tastes, though I like the design and composition.

I'm a little confused about how only now the star is adding colors to the mtg color wheel? The old art has arguably more colors lol, and definitely has yellow, cyan, and indigo.

And honestly, miss me with that CG glass. I like the painted star art a lot more.

Again, don't want to put words in people's mouths, but I think that the joke just came up because the image was displayed in the thread. Given Velrun's casual tone and the professed lack of belief in the joke, it seems reasonable that this was a spur-of-the-moment observation that Velrun found funny, not the result of detailed analysis of Chromatic Star's art throughout Magic's lifetime.

Agreed on the CG art, although I do like how vibrant the colors are. It's nice how they're willing to be a little more representational/"arty" rather than strictly realistic within this CG style, though, so it's a step up from some of the others.

Zoss you are hereby certified with a “Allowed to put words into Velrun’s mouth” diploma! You’ve graduated with bravour.

Keep up the good work!