General Timespiral Remastered Timeshifts

tarmogoyf.jpg

This is strange. They made new Tarmagoyf art for the box, but they used the original instead. I wonder why!

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
tarmogoyf.jpg

This is strange. They made new Tarmagoyf art for the box, but they used the original instead. I wonder why!

It is a repeat of ultimate masters, where they decided to have cool looking dig through time art (we assumed), but decided to never use it.
Maybe it is in some funky alt frame thing they are doing with collector/VIP packs, but at this stage I think it is just funky box art.

It is a repeat of ultimate masters, where they decided to have cool looking dig through time art (we assumed), but decided to never use it.
Maybe it is in some funky alt frame thing they are doing with collector/VIP packs, but at this stage I think it is just funky box art.
Oh yeah, I forgot they did that!

(Pic unrelated)
elvishmystic.jpg

EvlaJMyXYAEc1s9

Now this set gave me more than I was hopig for. Kinda. I always wanted to test this card since I loved it in Origins limited, but it was only available in that heinous post modern rare frame, so I never got around to do so. Now I will! And it might be the missing piece to turn green into a premium splash option in sacrifice decks. Green day has been kind to me.

The old multicolored border just hurts my eyes. Agree on the Hedron Archive. That's a well received card in my (previous) cube.

Hollow One was a hit for me as well, just like Mystic Sanctuary!

This one is for me, this dude was what got me rehooked into Magic during Return to Ravnica block. (Absolutely unplayable in Cube and Constructed though, I'll probably just frame it on my wall).

I wouldn't call this card unplayable at all

Some of the gold cards look pretty decent in the old frame (although gold cards are the only thing I think that are better in the new frame, as it's more colourful, which is also true for monocoloured cards in the old frame).

Panharmonicon, Solemn Simulacrum and nearly all the lands are looking great!

I wouldn't call this card unplayable at all

True, unplayable is a bit harsh. I really like fatties that have an alternative win condition, but since most Cubes run self-mill rather than mill, the dude can be a bit polarizing for those cubes and GRBS for others. Also the fact that he dies when the opponent has no cards in the graveyard is really weird, wish they had a tarmogoyf statline or was your graveyard instead. Perfectly fun fine in a multiplayer cube though.
They definitely had some constructed viability too, but I'm pretty sure Mind Funeral or even traumatize is better than them 95% of the time.

Can someone please make an alter of Consuming Aberration that reads your graveyard, mills your library, and has the added text of Laboratory Maniac? ;)