General [WAR] War of the Spark

en_tersdfbgikdufyv.png

Prolifer-land. I want to add this to my cube.

en_NzYz08wmAh.png

RampWalker

en_uzQa1s4F26.png

Teferi!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Oh man, Kiora looks so cool! I... How... I DON'T CUBE {G/U} CARDS! At first I was like, it's okay, I still love you Mystic Snake. I'm not missing much else. Then they printed Tatyova, Benthic Druid, and I was like: "NOOOOOO!" And now this? Come on Wizards! Quit luring me into having to do a gigantic overhaul again! :p

Both the land and Teferi are sick by the way.

Oh man, Kiora looks so cool! I... How... I DON'T CUBE {G/U} CARDS! At first I was like, it's okay, I still love you Mystic Snake. I'm not missing much else. Then they printed Tatyova, Benthic Druid, and I was like: "NOOOOOO!" And now this? Come on Wizards! Quit luring me into having to do a gigantic overhaul again! :p

She wouldn't take up a multicolor slot for me, so I dont see why you can't run her, even without a Simic section :)

I'm really excited to see them return to Prowess-like abilities, like the one below and the Flux Channeler somewhere above.
burningprophet.jpg

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
She wouldn't take up a multicolor slot for me, so I dont see why you can't run her, even without a Simic section :)
Because I do run, for example, a Gruul section, and including a Simic card, even if it is hybrid, will be confusing for drafters. Also, it would really, really stick out like a sore thumb.

Because I do run, for example, a Gruul section, and including a Simic card, even if it is hybrid, will be confusing for drafters. Also, it would really, really stick out like a sore thumb.

Yeah okay, I know all about not wanting one-ofs that don't fit in, so I get why you dislike the idea.

There has probably been lots of discussions on these forums on where to put hybrids. I just see {2}{G/U} as so distant from {1}{G}{U} that I wouldn't consider my multicolor-section at all, when figuring out if I should run the card, or while I was drafting it :) Not saying you shouldn't consider it, just saying I came at it from a different angle

I am super into these amass cards. I like the interplay that they have between making a threat and potentially making a threat bigger.

t9jk8b152op21.jpginvadethecity.jpg

I do not think a hybrid card signals that the multicolored Guild is part of the cube. That is merely the players reaching a wrong conclusion because their logic fails. Nothing in a Simic hybrid cards points toward Simic being open/in the cube.

Maybe it is the two-colored frame that can confuse some people.

Edit: Onde I would go all in on that Kiora if I were you.

I do not think a hybrid card signals that the multicolored Guild is part of the cube. That is merely the players reaching a wrong conclusion because their logic fails. Nothing in a Simic hybrid cards points toward Simic being open/in the cube.

Maybe it is the two-colored frame that can confuse some people.

Edit: Onde I would go all in on that Kiora if I were you.

Someone interpreting a hyrbid card to be a signal of a supported guild, especially a card like the above Kiora that appears to outline some sort of archetype, isn't failed logic. The simple fact that the mana symbols being included together reflects a positive relationship between the colors. Single hybrid costed cards are easier to cast than mono-colored cards in their respective guild. Kiora is easier to cast in a simic deck than a gruul or azorius deck. The benefit, while negligible, is present. Syndic of Tithes implies a positive association between white and black, because the ability is far superior in Orzhov than Selesnya. All that's to say, it makes sense to me to omit it to avoid wires being crossed.

That said, I'd consider a card like Snakeform to be less of a signal as it is a generic value card that doesn't imply an archetype. In my opinion, it still wouldn't be the most elegant inclusion if the guild wasn't supported, but that's more subjective.

There are obviously exceptions to any rule and logic. If we suddenly start looking at the card text on the card then we can derive such an exception. Because the card text creates an exception. The topic at hand is the hybrid mana cost and that does not signal a multicolored Guild being supported in the cube. Objectively speaking. Some people might read those signals wrong like any cuber can fail to read signals during the drafting about what colors are open etc.

One for Orzhov Aristocrats perhaps.

FCB5D487-C5C6-4F57-A32C-4087E4C8D956.jpeg

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
There are obviously exceptions to any rule and logic. If we suddenly start looking at the card text on the card then we can derive such an exception. Because the card text creates an exception. The topic at hand is the hybrid mana cost and that does not signal a multicolored Guild being supported in the cube. Objectively speaking. Some people might read those signals wrong like any cuber can fail to read signals during the drafting about what colors are open etc.

It's a green blue card, and that's what people will see at first glance. You can't reason the colors away, even if it's easier to cast than a regular gold spell ;)

It's a green blue card, and that's what people will see at first glance. You can't reason the colors away, even if it's easier to cast than a regular gold spell ;)

Don’t be confused by the green-blue frame. What matters is the requirements to cast the card and not which colors the frame has.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I am super into these amass cards. I like the interplay that they have between making a threat and potentially making a threat bigger.

View attachment 2351View attachment 2352
I think I prefer enigma drake to invade. Flying is a big deal, and I imagine you're more likely to play instants and sorcerers after drake (which wouldn't grow invade token) rather than have cards exiled (which would be better for invade token)

I do like honor though. The fact that it's tormenting voice and not just rummaging is interesting

Also this card is interesting:
viviensarkbow.jpg

Given a decent ammount of mana, all your draws are now A) creatures and B) pick of the litter among them.

vivienchampionofthewilds.jpg

This is probably the best 3-mana walker in 3 years. It:
-Draws you creatures (regardless of wether or not you control the walker).
-Lets your green deck play creatures before the block step and/or end step of your opponent's turn.
-Gives your big bois vigilance and reach.

Very exciting!

Don’t be confused by the green-blue frame. What matters is the requirements to cast the card and not which colors the frame has.

But that's easy for us to say, who think about cube and design every now and then. For a lot of the players that draft our cubes, they have a much more visceral experience. "Oh, this looks like a simic card" as the common first impression among our drafters isn't that far of a stretch, is it?

But that's easy for us to say, who think about cube and design every now and then. For a lot of the players that draft our cubes, they have a much more visceral experience. "Oh, this looks like a simic card" as the common first impression among our drafters isn't that far of a stretch, is it?

Sure. And that is when the logic fails as I initially said.

Sure. And that is when the logic fails as I initially said.

Yes, but it has a real effect on how our drafters actually draft! It isn't just some kind of curiosity, there's going to be an actual tangible relationship to what kind of draft experience people will have.

davrielrogueshadowmage.jpg

This isn't a bad discard spell if you can guard it.

I kinda like these new walkers! They feel like more of a build around than pure value pumps, and this guy seems to go sort of into a racks-deck?