General We Make The Cube

This is such a cool project. I'm seeing so many nifty ideas come out of our collective efforts that I don't think would have coalesced otherwise. Cards such as Glassdust Hulk gaining new life from treasure tokens and Mizzix's Mastery enabling an Ultimatum deck are really making me take a fresh look at my cube and wonder how many of these archetypes I can slot in.

Speaking of which, @Rowan_CB , have you run the Hulk in your main cube? Is it as strong a finisher as it appears? It was part of one of my first decks back when I was small, so I don't think I can evaluate it objectively, but I've always loved it. I think my biggest worry is that it seems nigh-unbeatable when you're ahead but pretty useless on the defensive. Is that the case?

Vel, please use the showcase version and the timeshifted version
You’ve got it!

This is a friendly reminder for everyone else. If you do not specificy a specific version you want, I will add the original version of the card. However you are always welcome to come back, even several days later, and command me to change the version.

And the whole cycle. I think the cube needs them to make the artifact and muticolor stuff work fluently. Oh, and please use the Dan Frazier SLd old border versions!

Tags:
@shamizy @Lady Mapi

Thanks for the tags. For now I think I need to avoid spending time on this project, so you can use tags on other folks.

@TrainmasterGT
For my first pick, I'm going to replace Wandering Ones with Mausoleum Wanderer...
–––>
Mausoleum Wanderer combos much better with Iname as it can sacrifice itself with a relevant ability in order to generate value. It goes really well with Iname!

For my second pick, I'm going to add the rest of a cycle that has already been started. Right now, we have Glassdust Hulk, but it's actually part of a cycle of cycling commons from Alara Reborn.

Speaking of which, @Rowan_CB , have you run the Hulk in your main cube? Is it as strong a finisher as it appears? It was part of one of my first decks back when I was small, so I don't think I can evaluate it objectively, but I've always loved it. I think my biggest worry is that it seems nigh-unbeatable when you're ahead but pretty useless on the defensive. Is that the case?

I do run Hulk, and I like it quite a bit. It is kind of a removal check, but as a five mana gold card that is only scary if you've built around that, I'd say that's appropriate. I don't run many treasure-generators though, so it requires spending some deck slots on cheap artifacts.

Whoa, 3 tags.

I'll spend a tag to finish blacksmithy's suggestion of Triomes + Bicyles.

Regular prints, because I like em better.

Help, my account has been hijacked.

Ahem,
Also add a planeswalker because I love them:

Tezzeret the Seeker
MED version because why not.

Let me out of the trunk! I don't know who that was, but this cube needs

Living Lore
DTK version because first print and watermark.

Edit: not sure why images aren't showing up. Will tag people next post because idk if edits create alerts.

Last edited: