General What did you buy for your cube today?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
My cube is already at 380, and I just needed to hit 420 to make fourteen card packs for the ten people. I know, I know, weird numbers all round. Don't ask.

CML

Contributor
420 is far from a weird number (quite legal out here)

as for the number below it, i also owe its discovery to, well, 420:

CML

Contributor
i always just used this (al gore-approved)

213.jpg

Rob Dennis

Developer
Anyone pick up a From the Vault: 20? I picked up from the FLGS at $200 US. I'm not going open for a bit, but unless speculator spiral the cost out of control in a couple of week, I'll get a bunch them into my cube.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Thanks to Eric's suggestion, I'm picking up a Hanweir Watchkeep. I completely ignored the card when it came out, but now that I think about it, it reminds me of a much, much better version of Wall of Wonder, which was long, long ago actually played in a couple of decks. This in turn reminded me that Browse used to be one of the better cards in Magic, but is now completely unplayable.

I didn't get my hands on a FTV20 for MSRP, but I bought some singles from the set that I wanted for my Modern-framed cube.

- Tangle Wire (wasn't available with modern frame before)
- Gilded Lotus (I like the new art!)
- Impulse (Modern Frame and very nice art)
- Cruel Ultimatum (Not really sure about the art, but I like that it depicts Nicol Bolas)
- Chainer's Edict (Currently I don't run this card, but since it's a flashback card and I run a selfmill theme there must be a spot for this one).

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I can finally contribute to the glorious materialism of this thread! I haven't played magic since July, but I finally managed to trade with some friends today and start sorting out my cube. Here's what I picked up:
3x Gravecrawler
Carrion Feeder
Mogg War Marshal
Hero of Oxid Ridge
Gift of Orzhova
Accorder Paladin
Galepowder Mage
Soltari Champion
Angel of Jubilation
Boar Umbra
Lotleth Troll
Call of the Herd
Riftwing Cloudskate
2x Champion of the Parish

And I'm currently putting an online order for

Goblin Bombardment
Markov Blademaster
Reckless Charge
Sarcomancy
Descendant of Kiyomaro
Jinxed Choker
The second Carrion Feeder
Daring Skyjek

Now to work out exactly how to add these while cutting the size of my cube down. What also bothers me is the amount my cube is going to look like "one of them Riptidelab cubes."

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Damn kinds should get off my lawn! Back in my day, Morphling was the best creature around, and that's how we liked it! You kids don't even appreciate aggro these days. When I played, you needed to walk uphill in a blizzard with no shoes to have 1 drops, and then your opponent played CoP:Red! [/Oldman]

Rob Dennis

Developer
Starcity is running a sale on the about to rotate list, so some highlights:
also, a bunch of innistrad rares for the not-yet-built ISD cube I tinkered with
from a co-worker:
edit:
Damn kinds should get off my lawn! Back in my day, Morphling was the best creature around, and that's how we liked it! You kids don't even appreciate aggro these days. When I played, you needed to walk uphill in a blizzard with no shoes to have 1 drops, and then your opponent played Chill! [/Oldman]

fixed for me :(