General (WHO) Dr. Who Spoilers

On that note, hier good is All-Seeing Arbiter? I am looking for a sweet cmc 6 dragon in blue. (The new kamigawa one I cut for being to oppressive/unfun and have a discard theme in ub)
I played with it on some sort of Arena cube and it seemed like it was reasonably powerful at even fairly high levels without feeling oppressive...but didn't spark joy with me. Maybe it's just the oppressive value-engine block of text that defines so much modern design rubbed me the wrong way, I can't quite put my finger on it.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Can confirm: as someone who used to run a more generalized "sultai graveyard" deck, highly recommend picking one such graveyard count type thing and unifying behind that.
I know not everyone has the benifit of custom cards like I do, but it's WAY easier to plan your game when you get to be like "Okay, is delirium on or off" rather than your board of werebear, tarmogoyf, the spider spawning in your graveyard while you try and cast a treasure cruise.

Does it have to fly?

It’s a fun one to play fairly (6 mana for a 6/6 + friend), unfairly (chain together clones and blink effects) or as a companion. It even kind of fits the UB theme by filling the GY.
This is a really cool card I've never considered but it might be too strong. I've cut Young Necromancer in the past because it was way too easy to make it work.

Last edited:
Can confirm: as someone who used to run a more generalized "sultai graveyard" deck, highly recommend picking one such graveyard count type thing and unifying behind that.
I know not everyone has the benifit of custom cards like I do, but it's WAY easier to plan your game when you get to be like "Okay, is delirium on or off" rather than your board of werebear, tarmogoyf, the spider spawning in your graveyard while you try and cast a treasure cruise.

I'm trying to design some kind of dredge/creatures-in-yard-matters and am excluding delve entirely for precisely this reason of unifying the kind of resource the graveyard deck cares about

I'm trying to design some kind of dredge/creatures-in-yard-matters and am excluding delve entirely for precisely this reason of unifying the kind of resource the graveyard deck cares about
I think it's significant to have yes/no grave counts, too. Number of -thing- is much harder to track than Delirium or Threshold. I also really appreciate a handful of Delve cards, so I'd recommend you consider keeping the top few.
thanks but Corpse Appraiser is just gonna be my grixis boi for a while
Really? I personally like Appraiser more because it's very solid, but this new thing can somewhat easily bring in 6/7 worth of total stats on its first turn in play, plus the card advantage. Seems like you're going a little low powered on us...

Really? I personally like Appraiser more because it's very solid, but this new thing can somewhat easily bring in 6/7 worth of total stats on its first turn in play, plus the card advantage. Seems like you're going a little low powered on us...
Our Dalek friend has a much lower floor because you need to be far enough ahead to actually start triggering him (and he needs to survive until the end step). Corpse Appraiser costs one less mana and basically always draws you the card, which usually gives it the edge in my book.

Personally, I’d like Davros a little more if he was a 4/5 and had an ETB. Doesn’t need to be the same etb, it could just be like a lightning helix effect or something. Maybe give it some evasion too, like trample?

pretty sure it's not stronger, it costs 1 more and has a high conditional that you arent usually hitting reliably in grixis cube decks
I guess I'm imagining it in a BRu deck that probably has a higher likelihood of occurring in a black focused environment like mine.

yeah, if youre in deaths shadow type decks and not my trademark "Grixis Misery," Dalekman is a big ol' house. i think it definitely competes strongly with Kess for my hypothetical second Grixis slot.
its just not gonna do what you want if you run it in the more traditional controlly / value pile grixis cube decks.
the thing about appraiser is he still 3 for 1s an uro, which is BIG and just kinda a core effect for me.