Sets (WOE) Wilds of Eldraine Spoilers

Start of Wilds of Eldraine spoilers: Aug. 15
Prerelease: Sept. 1 to 7
Digital launch: Sept. 5
Global tabletop release: Sept. 8

Two weeks and change until proper spoilers begin, but we got a lot today from Pro Tour Barcelona!

Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 1.46.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-28 at 1.46.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-28 at 1.45.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-28 at 1.45.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-07-28 at 1.45.06 PM.png

Interesting start! A new cycle of manlands, a cycle of fairy tale full-art basics, a playable nightmare variant, a value-engine 2-drop in green, and a white Craterhoof! As the great poet Billy Ray Cyrus once said, much to think about.

oh MY
out of 5 cards revealed, i'm already interested in 3, if this keeps up itll be the biggest cube set for me since MH2. adventures are sooooooo goooooood.

quick hits:
-please let this be a full cycle of creature lands, i wanna mix and match the best of both cycles. did you know that theyre the best taplands ever printed? it's true!
-cruel somnophage is probably not quite there on power for me but seems like a very nice goyf... always gotta be wary of "creature cards in yards" though as they hit the yard slower than basically anything else (fetches and brainstorms go right in as soon as you use them!)
-Tough Cookie is HILARIOUS and probably just needs a couple small numbers tweaks to make it in and support my "many game pieces" theme in Green where you make lots of foods and clues and treasures and then ???? and then profit

Last edited:
My friendoes do you remember when I announced that Wizards would focus less on planeswalkers and more on legendary creatures as we were going forward? Now is that time.

Mark Rosewater has officially announced that each Magic set (I think they mean Standard legal, story-driven Magic set) will have exactly one planeswalker from Wilds of Eldraine and onward.

Ironically, the set code is what I felt when I saw that spoilers were starting up again. :p

If we're in eternal spoiler season, can we at least only preview the spoilers for one set at a time, WotC?

(I will admit that part of the reason I'm so annoyed with this is that I like watching SaffronOlive play janky brews on the Youtube. Whenever we have a spoiler season, though, he does a spoiler review instead of a gameplay video, and holy fuck it feels like that's all we're getting.)

I am 100 % for these lower powered Standard-legal, story-driven sets! If we have to cut some down can it please be the much stronger direct-to-Commander and Legacy/Vintage sets? And if they absolutely have to do a Commander set can it please be these connected sets that come out with each of the Standard set? Please Wizards <3

i would say something like "only high power sets please" ...but at this point wotc could just stop printing altogether and my cube would be set with new broken cards for years to come anyhow

For those interested:

- Throne of Eldraine is now a little under 4 years old. (October 2019)

- Throne of Eldraine was the set that introduced all these special frames that we are now use to. Extended art and showcase.

- Throne of Eldraine didn’t have any multicolored lands except for the 5-colored Fabled Passage. Technically it also had the Knight land. Instead it had Castles and those lands with abilities and Basic land types. It was a set focused on monocolor. It seems like Wilds of Eldraine will have focus on a little multicoloring with those five rare enemy lands.

- We never saw a throne in Throne of Eldraine.

If we're in eternal spoiler season, can we at least only preview the spoilers for one set at a time, WotC?
I was gonna proxy up my cube, but I might as well wait to see the new manlands and the adventures. I'm sure many of those will be perfect for it.
:wagg:

quick hits:
-please let this be a full cycle of creature lands, wanna mix and match the best of both cycles. did you know that theyre the best taplands ever printed? it's true!
It would be cool if all the manlands had some archetype support. Give UB or BG the [card]Noose Constrictor[/card] ability, give RB the [card]Nantuko Husk[/card] ability, give UR a loot on combat damage to player, or maybe prowess, and so on. It's nice that BW has lifegain... the previous one did as well, so whatever I guess.

It would also be cool if one could make a man land cycle that's similarly powered throughout. That will have to wait until they print weaker ones for UW and UB in some future set.

It's nice to see some green artifact support.

talionthekindlylord.jpg

this card interested me more when I thought it also triggered off your own stuff (obviously that'd be far stronger) and I don't think it really has a good home in most cube environments, but I suppose I could be wrong since mana curves tend to be more dense at single places than in retail limited

(can't put it in Afternoon Delight, sorry mapi)

talionthekindlylord.jpg

this card interested me more when I thought it also triggered off your own stuff (obviously that'd be far stronger) and I don't think it really has a good home in most cube environments, but I suppose I could be wrong since mana curves tend to be more dense at single places than in retail limited

(can't put it in Afternoon Delight, sorry mapi)

This at 2 triggers on over a 1/3 of my cube. It doesn’t have any thematic value, but seems pretty dang good

I like what we've seen so far, but I really hope that somnophage isn't an indicator for "all adventure cards are multicolored this time", because that would make it so much harder to include them. But I bet, that's how it'll end up.

I like what we've seen so far, but I really hope that somnophage isn't an indicator for "all adventure cards are multicolored this time", because that would make it so much harder to include them. But I bet, that's how it'll end up.

According to the panel (which you can find if you click on my link) not all the Adventure cards are multicolored but the majority is.

Also the Adventure frame is back for Adventure cards and not just all cards that has ties to Eldraine. Which is nice to have the beautiful indicator back.