General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

CML

Contributor
suboptimal playgroups are a rather wonderful illustration of the failures of libertarianism

my personal bias is to find good people to cube with, put yer ass on the line and play competitively

CML

Contributor
people blow it; there are many ways to blow it; there are also many ways to not blow it, but not as many; rational actors are religious people, economics students, and other children; hooray for capitalism, atheism, and card games

CML

Contributor
Zionism is the religion of Judaism, therefore a better comparison. anyway, libertarians tend to arise in dying empires where the inequality is big and there isn't enough to go around (o boy magic cards).

it is my hope that the US's sphere of influence contracts in the same 'mostly harmless' way as England's, and that, when it's all over, we're left with at least a shadow of the British national sense of humour

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Lucas's teammate nabbed both the Gargadons in my cube that Lucas was hoping to wheel, but it ended up not mattering. Lucas summarily crushed my team anyways.

The official name for that deck is BR fun police. I spent a long time staring at geralfs messenger and bogart ram gang and my fixing wondering if I wanted to be a RRR or a BBB deck. I like that it felt like I always had a couple on board tricks but without the proper sac effect saturation or LD this really felt like I might as well had been playing RW.

Man why do Lucas' winning decks always have bonfire in them? :p

Hahahaha that card is mean. Sixth pick no less! I mean every other time I've cast it it might as well had been a red wrath or something in my control decks but it was really realizing its potential here in a way that I'm excited to see in red decks. I like that red has some good midrangey spikes in card quality, but I do find myself apologizing every time I play it. Hahahahaha

Winning with Rakdos cackler is almost as fun as winning with Cruel Ultimatum and that's pretty cool. It's also nice to go 3-0 without islands in my deck for once.

Eric's draft was one that I think may have brought light to the classic issue of ending up in UR and not really having a line to stand on. It's something I think about from time to time but all my solutions feel awkward and gimmicky.

been sick all last week so didn't happen much there. had a 6man finally.
"I picked too much manafixing so I don't have enough playables, this deck is awful" *3-0s draft*
First Pick: Arcanis the Omnipotent

4c

edit: report over in my cube thread

Reactions: CML

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
To be fair most of my 3-0's come after I publicly declare my deck awful. But I think that's largely attributed to excessively high standards.

"Time Walk With Me: Everything CIPT: The Sequel to the Twin Peaks Sequel" by David Lynch
one of these days i'm going get to a printer and have it spit out 10 shocks 10 fetches for me, the day has just not yet arrived.

not my cube, but i 4-0'd a friend's cube with this.
my picks went like: sol ring, balance, supreme verdict, sylvan library, swords to plowshares, kodama's reach, goblin guide, hellrider, realized what was happening. for once i actually read signals instead of just doing whatever.
library + domri rade is pretty strong interaction i haven't encountered before.
also, i can't say enough good things about tangle wire.

gruul aggro

They not have kinkos where you live? :p
no car

is tangle wire fun? (in a riptide-style cube i mean)
i find it very fun in my cube, but i'm not sure if i'm the norm. nobody has complained about it, but that doesn't mean much. i'm also not sure if my cube is up to par with riptidelab standards but hey it tries to be. i definitely don't think it is game-ruining bullshit though.

the cube that deck is from is most definitely not a riptide style cube though. turn 3 tangle wire let me win through my opponent's sword of body and mind + mirran crusader hand in grand finals. that cube has upheaval and jtms and show and tell into emrakul/omniscience/iona/jin-gitaxias/griselbrand/sundering titan and channel and recurring nightmare. or lesser offenders but still offenders like thrun, assemble the legion, and blood baron
edit: honestly i dont think the deck i posted is good in that cube, just got lucky + misplays + misdrafting.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
is tangle wire fun? (in a riptide-style cube i mean)

I love the thing. It's enough dissimilar from armageddon that you can interact with it by playing more dudes, or just upkeeping instants, and it doesn't have the feelbad of constructed where at the end of one they'd play/weld in another, and you'd never come out from under it.

Last night's draft felt really funny because all the decks seemed like they were doubled up.

Me and Wilson played primarily green ramp decks
Eric and Denix were all over RB 1/2 drops
Pamela and Bryan were curving out with RW creatures

I don't feel like magic discourse has developed adequate terms to discuss Peter's deck.