General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Come on Chris, it's fun to have some sweet overpowered games once in a while. They aren't running show and tell style strategies.

Sam took out the mana vaults and crypts with sol ring.
I think it was turn one heirarch and a turn two mox diamond. The elspeth was worth a lot of damage but I got her!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Isn't Mana Drain kinda a show and tell style card on it's own? It offers about the same amount of accelleration (Unless you're showing down 9+ mana dudes, the never hardcast bunch)

Funny that the T2 elspeth is possible in my cube :p

CML

Contributor
one time i said "DRS sucks" but then it didn't so i traded for other people's and now i sit on more of them than the dragon from Grendel does Lotuses for no reason. someday he may sink into the ground and decompose into verdant catacombs but who knows when that may be.

you know, foresight would be possible if i took the time to proxy up gauntlets and play with these cards before they came out, but nahhhhhhhh. friend of mine in town is actually very good at spec'ing magic cards and has probably crisp-cornered the market on ZEN fetches. my sleepers for this set are

Chained to the Rocks
Spear of Heliod
Thoughtseize (lame)
Anger of the Gods
Ashen Rider
Prophet of Kruphix (should I be bothered to recognize EDH exists)
Nykthos, Shrine to Nix

not too much fun to be had here, move along

i swear that line is a joke about libertarians suppressing information
I guess I haven't been adequately keeping up these days. Do they do a lot of that? We have a lot of FAcebook libertarians in the GTA but really no proper exposure to that sort of politics that isn't jaded by gawking and humor.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Technically this deck only 1-0ed thanks to time constraints but it's sweet and this is the first time my cube's been drafted irl in months, so deal.

6ZCyyui.jpg

Yes, after years of mocking the Gravecrawler-Griselbrand menace, we can laugh no more.

Decklist in case the pic's unclear:

Noble Hierarch
Deathrite Shaman
Kitchen Finks
Liliana's Specter
Knight of the Reliquary
Gravecrawler
Voice of Resurgence
Oona's Prowler
Lotleth Troll
Vengevine
Genesis
Dance of the Dead
Animate Dead
Living Death
Griselbrand
Go for the Throat
Abrupt Decay
Maelstrom Pulse
Puppeteer Clique
Thragtusk
Garruk Wildspeaker
Umezawa's Jitte

Stirring Wildwood
Razorverge Thicket
2 Verdant Catacombs
Marsh Flats
basics

Two firsts today:
Aggro won my cube, and I won my cube. Silly that I wasn't able to win with archetypes I actually like playing but hey at least aggro can win! I force drafted red, first picking Slayers' Stronghold over Fact or Fiction which is basically my favorite card. There was another player drafting aggro so i wasn't able to get rewarded for hoping Hellrider would wheel (I knew Lightning Bolt would get taken by the not-aggro decks and hellrider went last pick last draft). I know I have some questionable cards like Grinning Ignus (which I might just cut from the cube entirely), but I was sort of indecisive about my second color other than red.

How has Markov Blademaster been for you? I added him, but haven't seen him played yet.
Well, this was the first time I've actually seen him on the field (even though he's gotten drafted and run in decks before). I only drew him in 3 games. In 2 of those games he just got blocked by an unflipped ludevic's test subject until my opponent died from other things, which is a little annoying. In another game I bloodrush'd pyrewild shaman onto him and swung for 8 the first turn he was able. So in that game he worked out great. I'm not sure if he's good, but a friend really likes the card and I don't have the best aggro cards at the moment anyway, so I don't think I'm cutting it anytime soon unless I get a huge influx of good cards.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member

Lucas's "I will demoralize you utterly" UW Control

Bonus!

Hi I'm Two Hours Late Oh God Is My Entire Deck MODO-Style Random Picks Hey Look I Went 6-0 In Games!