General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Yeah very similar, except I like whip a bit more because life gain feels more important to me in black as well as the fact that it actually generates attacking creatures and sometimes very serious advantage, say a thragtusk or snapcaster gets whipped.

Like I sorta like whip because it's an important role player and black could use more sustainable durdles but I'm not sure green benefits as much from gaining life or making guys bigger for mana? I mean I liked making my 1/2 voyaging satyrs into 3/4s in draft so maybe I have it twisted.

Hahahha I've beat you down with grixis before! You gotta go pressure with grixis cuz it can hardly stabilize!
I'm so impressed with your nightveil ambition.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
This was actually Paul's deck this week, and he wiped the floor clean with us. It was also the first time I've seen Purphoros hit devotion, which was responsible for much of the said wiping.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Oh yeah bitterblossom. I forgot about that card.
Has it been strong eric? I heard from the other thread you're removing assemble the legion, which is kinda the same but different

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, I never saw him cast that, and I think he would've been much better off with the Harness by Force in his sideboard (!).

Purphoros was sweet in this deck, but just as often I've seen it be mediocre, where it sits there and does four damage all game while never threatening to "wake up". Five devotion is no joke in red, as it turns out. Bitterblossom is a fair bit weaker than Assemble the Legion, and I was just saying to my playgroup that I've seen it kill its owner as often as the opponent, which is an exaggeration, but not by much. Ashiok was another slightly questionable call for this beatdown deck, but I saw it do a number on the green mono-bombs deck, which I guess is that planeswalker's thing. It's more an anti-green hate card, much in the vein of Bribery, than it is a card that goes into any specific archetype.

6 person draft. GW oversized creatures, 5 color Ugin + Nicol Bolas ramp, BUG no wincons Gifts, UWR aggro/burn, UB Delve + Upheaval. Didn't finish the entire draft due to people having to leave/store closing. Here's the UB delve deck I played, decking myself as the staff was kicking us out:

UB Delve Upheaval

Deck felt pretty sweet. Most games involved me falling to a low life total, casting a 1 mana 4/5 or 5/5, then giving it lifelink and winning the game at like 40 life. Upheaval into a 1-mana fatty is really strong, as you can probably imagine.
Did get to see someone's entire board get wiped by Ugin + Nicol Bolas which was goofy.

I'm glad someone else is trying that gurmag!
The tension between delve beaters and recursion is kinda neat.

No liliana and entomb did it for me everytime. the 3 tutors meant I never needed too

Not much someone with no hand can do to a Lili

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I won a 4-person, round-robin, silent auction draft yesternight.

Naya Synergies

I love how over half of my 2-power creatures (for Reveillark purposes) weren't a 2/2 in play :) Stormbind easily was the MVP of the night though, winning me multiple games by digging me out of deep holes or just doming the opponent for lethal. Awesome card! There's a staggering amount of synergies in the deck, and after my first failed attempt (long ago) at including Naya in my cube, I love how this deck turned out in those colors.

Lightning Greaves and Cataclysm were sideboarded in on multiple occasions. Greaves never helped me ultimately, and I never saw Cataclysm against the 5-color control guy (awwww).

Unknown cards are two custom lands.

Shattered Valley.png Storm-Tossed Clearing.png

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
And this is why I want to redesign my cube someday in the future. {B}{G} is such a boss color combination, but I don't currently support it. I guess my next cube has to have Sultai as one of its five shards and Golgari as one of its guilds.

Let's see. {B}{G}{U}{R}{W}, {B}{G}{R}{W}{U} or {B}{G}{W}{R}{U}?

And this is why I want to redesign my cube someday in the future. {B}{G} is such a boss color combination, but I don't currently support it. I guess my next cube has to have Sultai as one of its five shards and Golgari as one of its guilds.

Let's see. {B}{G}{U}{R}{W}, {B}{G}{R}{W}{U} or {B}{G}{W}{R}{U}?

This one only has sultai though, so going golgari is pretty easy.
I had sidisi in it as well, but decided to stay 2 colours.

Ooh that one looks cool. How's the card?

It does it's job, and does it very well. At least from my limited experience.