General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Not to hijack or anything but, I finally got to draft my cube with a 6-man tonight! I drafted a really poor 1-2 grixis control deck, the person to my left was playing UR delver so picked up on a lot of permission and card selection. On the other side of the table was a guy who built this pretty standard abzan pod build, whom said the cube was a blast. I'm a bit wary of the amount of sac-able and poddable cards, might have to trim it down. All in all a pretty honest deck to start of my cubes 3-o's with!

Laz

Developer
Yep, that deck is pretty crazy. The Treachery and Time Spiral seem like an afterthought though.

Time spiral seems pretty good with prowess. Also anti graveyard tech. I know the mechanic is broken but throw overpowered would it be in a lower powered cube! Am I just asking for trouble playing it?

real-life-or-fantasea.jpg

CML

Contributor
nice GW deck. was it fun? because it looks fun. i will defend GW until i die

time spiral looks stupid but is actually great fun. poop out your hand and spiral. basically time walk at that point in the game

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
True-Name-Nemesis

It's True-Name Nemesis. And yeah, I know that's the least interesting thing to comment on here.

Deck looks pretty dankalank, yo. Loving the Dark Confidant over Black Lotus pick! carnophage and sarcomancy do kinda stick out like sore thumbs though. Am I just wrong? Like, all those cards are busted, except for those two. So I guess the real interesting question to ask is, how are they working out? This list looks awesome, and it doesn't really matter that they're not gravecrawlers. Do they get played otherwise? It's very rare to see someone on riptidelab running these guys instead of multiple gravecrawers or bloodsoaked champion. I'm curious if they're ok.

It's True-Name Nemesis. And yeah, I know that's the least interesting thing to comment on here.

Thanks bro, now I know how not to be a retard!

Edit: Just looked back at my True name. There was a piece of dirt placed perfectly where a dash would go. Urg.

carnophage and sarcomancy do kinda stick out like sore thumbs though. Am I just wrong? Like, all those cards are busted, except for those two. So I guess the real interesting question to ask is, how are they working out? This list looks awesome, and it doesn't really matter that they're not gravecrawlers. Do they get played otherwise? It's very rare to see someone on riptidelab running these guys instead of multiple gravecrawers or bloodsoaked champion. I'm curious if they're ok.

They only needed to be cheap threats. You can always go with white for better creatures, but I prefer the black disruption over the white.

The guys just do the job of a Savannah Lions in most, if not all other colour combinations.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Last draft before Dragons hits my cube!!!

Super Generic Red/Green Pile

This is possibly the most average cube deck I've ever seen, but it was good enough at everything to 3-0. It outsized the white/black token deck, outsped the red/blue control deck and leveraged its inevitability against the grindy black deck. It has access to gimmicks, but it isn't gimmicky. Its just a resilient pile of cards that don't have a specific plan, but have enough internal synergy to get things done in the face of whatever gets thrown at it. I wish I had played it!

Also, Bow of Nylea in the winning final 40 again? WTF?