General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Torrent Elemental was a quick 'damn, we have 12 people and I need to add more cards' addition. It's probably bad and it wasn't designed to just be played as a 3/5, but the guy seemed happy with it. Seems cute with Scavenging Ooze/Relic of Progenitus/Deathrite Shaman/Varolz/Grim Lavamancer/Whip of Erebos

It just seemed bad in that deck but what do I know : )
I like your ideas too, it seems better in cube than constructed, if a little slow both ways.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Even without taking advantage of the activated ability, it makes blocking impossible. I bet it's pretty annoying across the table...

omg playing and podding your emissary up into any of those 3 drops sounds like crazy fun peter!
Omg did you ever delve pod into an early atarka?

omg playing and podding your emissary up into any of those 3 drops sounds like crazy fun peter!
Omg did you ever delve pod into an early atarka?

Sadly I wasn't the pilot of this one, but I did hear about a Thunderbreak Regent getting podded into a Thundermaw Hellkite the turn after it had been Claustrophobia'd, which sounds hilarious. 1UU Lava Spike yourself? Sure, why not?

International TableTop Day and a local cube night is behind us.

Time to post those 3-0's (2 drafts)

Esper Control:

Bant Upheaval

I'm curious how aggro will perform with so few one-drops. Let me know, will you?
In our first draft the aggro player went 2-1, i think he lost his second match to some Splinter Twin combo deck. Splinter twin player won 2 games barely by top decking the combo.
The aggro deck looked like a straight forward RG with bloodbraids and other fast creatures + burn.

In our latter draft mono W aggro was in the finals and lost to Bant.
Mono W player had 2 steppe lynx and an on-color fetch land in his sideboard.
He rather played Hokori, Dust Drinker and Entreat the Angels over them, but otherwise his deck was a full fleshed out monoW-aggro with no fillers.
In our gaming group aggro is passed around often, so even though i have lowered the amount of aggro cards from cube night to cube night, you see those aggro decks do well in every draft, usually because there are only 1-2 players aiming for that archetype.

Myth Realized was amazing.
It finished a lot of games yesterday in both drafts and it also kept those pesky aggro dudes at bay, with low mana investment.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Got a 4-man draft in today, and someone built this masterpiece:

5c Sam WTF are you doing aka Bloodstained Mire Bant

Rafiq trampled on my dignity in a number of ways, including T2 STE T3 EOT Advent T4 Rafiq; Advent -> Unflinching Courage -> Rafiq; and Primeval Titan -> Rafiq + bestow Boon Satyr, attack for 22

Time for a 3-0 yet again.
Aggro still going strong.. questions were asked if 3 Gravecrawlers is too powerful, i am not sure yet.

Br Aggro:

It also had the new Liliana in the deck:
Liliana-Heretical-Healer-Liliana-Defiant-Necromancer-Origins-Spoilers1.jpg

How consistently was flip Lily a walker and how often was she a worse Nighthawk? Has Wheel been fun to play? Does it show up outside of combo or aggro? What else in the environment supports it?

(sick deck!)

How consistently was flip Lily a walker and how often was she a worse Nighthawk? Has Wheel been fun to play? Does it show up outside of combo or aggro? What else in the environment supports it?
Player who piloted this deck flipped it at least 4 times, because he had so many sacrifice effects. The reason to flip was to mainly net a zombie for gravecrawler, but obviously an added bonus of a planeswalker didn't hurt.
It wasn't broken or powerful, but it was a really interesting card!

Wheel of Fortune is used mainly for storm in my cube, i wouldn't add it otherwise. I know aggro and burn strategies could use it, but i rarely see that.
So, no it doesn't show up too often, it is mainly for storm or big mana strategies.

I would imagine Liliana is the nuts in a Pod shell. I can't wait to try it out. Thoughts?
Go for it, Liliana is a perfect cube card in my opinion. Anti-aggro or a fine aggroish card that also nets you some value with a planeswalker every now and then.
I think black needs more cards like these.

SIDE NOTE: Tymaret was really powerful in this shell, i had my doubts of it, but it really worked hard :D

(sick deck!)
that card seems better than nighthawk in a deck that is already very powerful and good (zombies) and worse than nighthawk in a deck that needs help in many cubes (black control and midranged)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
that card seems better than nighthawk in a deck that is already very powerful and good (zombies) and worse than nighthawk in a deck that needs help in many cubes (black control and midranged)

Then maybe the zombies deck will finally leave nighthawk for the control players! :p

Did a 6-man with my experiment with 3 copies of a particular one drop for each color (champion, delver, bloodsoaked, stromkirk and experiment one) and pulled out all my sweepers to see if aggro would flourish.

I got a really sweet Bant human-prowess deck and faced of this in the final round, I got pretty decimated:

vampires like red