General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I've been meaning to do a thread/CubeTutor update for a while, so I'll get on that soon. I'm experimenting with a lot of stuff at the moment so some of the stuff above will only be there temporarily.

Tutelage won a medium-length game against Mono Red but didn't show up otherwise.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
That wasn't my deck - but I agree it was sweet. Let me see if I can harangue the pilot to sign up here and speak to those himself!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I think it can be sometimes correct as a sideboard option, depending on the matchup, but I agree that maindecking it while running ~17 creatures wouldn't be my first choice. But then again, this deck won a lot more than mine on the evening, so what do I know!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Man I love that deck. How great is outpost siege in that kind of deck? :)

Nice deck Eric, lots of angles of attack. How was gargadon and ashcloud Phoenix?

Couldn't get him to sign up here, but got his opinions:

========================================

Outpost Siege: I originally put it in my deck to for sacrifice shenanigans, but
I found that it wasn't that kind of deck. I only resolved it against one
opponent in Dragons mode, so I can't say how well it would do in general. The
one opponent I was against had many 1/1 tokens. I found ways to kill my own
tokens when he wouldn't block them, so it was quite good against him.

Greater Gargadon: I originally put it in my deck to enable Falkenrath Noble and
Outpost Siege to do lots of damage to my opponent, but I never got all 3
together in one game in all my matches. The one time I had Greater Gargadon
and Falkenrath Noble, it finished off my opponent. I never thought I was going
to have it come off of suspend, but I managed to have it come out as a creature
in two games against one of my other opponents. It wasn't very effective because
my opponent had been saving removal for it ever since I suspended it. I guess
that was good because my opponent had to make other less profitable trades with
my cards and take hits.

So Greater Gargadon helped me by giving my opponent a hard choice, I guess.

Ashcloud Phoenix: I only ever managed to resolve Ashcloud Phoenix in one game,
and it was more of a finisher that made my opponent give up than anything else.
I never played it as a morph or flipped it, so I don't know how it would do
under those circumstances.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I think it can be sometimes correct as a sideboard option, depending on the matchup, but I agree that maindecking it while running ~17 creatures wouldn't be my first choice. But then again, this deck won a lot more than mine on the evening, so what do I know!

Did you let him scry 1 if he kept a hand of 6 + day of judgement? Because that's basically like mulliganing

My first attempt at making a reject rare was a success.
We saw someone winning with Helix Pinnacle, some other player won with Coalition Victory and one player won with Shared Faith.
However, the 3-0 guy was non-surprisingly Rw Goblins:

RW tokens:

I guess i have to trim the aggro section a bit, mainly because people don't want to go aggro with this cube, so this leads to easy pickings if you decide to go aggro after all.

Was asked to draft a Commander cube to fillin the last spot. Each drafter is given a Sol Ring, Mind Stone, Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds.
Commander: Sharuum the Hegemon

Sharuum EDH

I probably won't get to draft this cube again.

Yeah even in EDH, I wouldn't give people a sol ring

In round 2 I went t1 Sol Ring + Signet, t2 Metamorph my Sol Ring + Everflowing Chalice for x=2, t3 Mindslaver + activate, t4 Sharuum + activate Mindslaver, t5 Conjurer's Closet and my opponent concedes.

In round 3 I went t1 Sol Ring, opponent also had t1 Sol Ring. I had t2 Crucible of Worlds, Strip Mine your basic, he drew for turn and conceded.

Sol Ring is great, I'm surprised none of us have discovered this hidden gem until now!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
In round 2 I went t1 Sol Ring + Signet, t2 Metamorph my Sol Ring + Everflowing Chalice for x=2, t3 Mindslaver + activate, t4 Sharuum + activate Mindslaver, t5 Conjurer's Closet and my opponent concedes.

In round 3 I went t1 Sol Ring, opponent also had t1 Sol Ring. I had t2 Crucible of Worlds, Strip Mine your basic, he drew for turn and conceded.

Sol Ring is great, I'm surprised none of us have discovered this hidden gem until now!

I just saw my goddamn cerabellum

+1 for Sol Ring, makes for great stories and high-fives. The trick is to ignore the guy across the table crying tears of blood.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
No, you guys misunderstand! Sol Ring is totally fine in Commander, because it's a much slower game, and there's politics, so it's much less of an advantage. Trust me, Sheldon and the rest of the Council said so! Seriously, the Ring is just misunderstood, like that one ring... What was it's name again? So, yeah, decent card. Not much better than a basic land!