Sets [DTK] Dragons of Tarkir Spoilers Thread

That card immediately had my interest when betrayers came out but I could never make it work! It's a lot of ifs. This card needs to be doing something for you even when you aren't working it's magic, and to me 2/2 bushido for 3 is just not a rate that is cutting it for the decks I wana play it in. The ability is so cool though, just needs a little tweaking.

Maybe if you took a couple clauses out of the ability, knocked a mana out of its cost, gave it an additional point of toughness or death touch or something.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Also the Flaming Gambit remark was kinda low and pretty glib amirite?
That card is essentially a very expensive searing blaze that you cannot target.
It wasn't meant as a low blow, it was an honest example of how being an instant and being an X-spell does not by definition a good card make.

I will, however, try out Secure the Wastes. You have been gushing on and on about it over the last two days, and no argument I come up with deters you from viewing it as a gem. Maybe my evaluation of the card is completely off and it'll surprise me. At the very least it'll play nicely with the Jeskai prowess theme I'm setting up for my next cube iteration, and it'll also play nicely with Grand Teacher's Decree and Rally the Peasants. I can always cut the card if I turn out to be right ;)

Did anyone else just kinda glaze over this card as janky? I'm re-reading the spoiler and it actually seems pretty cool.

A sorta-narcolepsy that you can alternatively abuse your own ETBs with sounds like a fine this to test- removal with a wildly different mode is cool.

Mirror mockery feels like a nightmare to me in hand, in play and in drafting. I am gonna pack train so hard because Eric cubes that baby.

It seems fun but good lord another weird creature decks centric punisher card? In your world of god's willing?
I dunno guys.

Also to bootster I reLly hope it works out for everyone. I too can be swayed but maybe even the ogre is a small man on some things lol

arrogant and mean?
Eh, I dunno. I just find it impossible to determine whether you're sarcastically excited (indicating that the thing is not exciting), sarcastically excited (making fun of other people for being excited), or sarcastically excited (actually excited, but making fun of things / yourself just in case to hedge your bets). Similar for variations of sarcastically sarcastic, sarcastically talking like you're from the inner city, etc. So far the best bet seems to be, skip over the Lucre post, derive as much context as possible from other people's posts, then go back and read the Lucre.

For all I know the forum does "need an ogre"? I just find the act very opaque, so sometimes I have to ignore it or take the whole thing at face value, since the act is probably sometimes the real deal.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Ugh... Why is Secure the Wastes over 2 euro? Feels like it should be a dollar bin rare in about three months time...

Mirror Mockery seems awesome. On most creatures it can be used as pseudo-removal, deterring the enchanted creature from attacking, and on the flip side it does awesome things with etb creatures. I want to live the dream and cast this on my own Mulldrifter or Fleshbag Marauder. Lucre, why aren't you exited about this card? It's versatile!

So earlier(and I don't even know if it was in this thread cuz I just woke up and I'm too lazy to check), Lucre said something along the lines of being an offensive ogre or some crap.

I am not inclined in any way to see this as true. I don't know how you perceive yourself Lucre but you're no onion with layers(bonus points for whoever gets that reference)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So earlier(and I don't even know if it was in this thread cuz I just woke up and I'm too lazy to check), Lucre said something along the lines of being an offensive ogre or some crap.

I am not inclined in any way to see this as true. I don't know how you perceive yourself Lucre but you're no onion with layers(bonus points for whoever gets that reference)

Come on, bonus points for Shrek? Hmm... Funny movie though.

Anyway, I don't mind the Lucre's posts. Not that we agree often, but why would that be a problem?

Little known fact shrek was a childrens book about an enormous smelly jerk before he was a beloved antihero of the big screen.
9780374368791.IN01.jpg

You reference the Warriors or a Joker quote, nobody blinks....

Offer bonus points to whoever catches the Shrek reference, and people shrek-out of their minds!

No I make a lot of silly computer art so memes kinda bother me because I've seen other people appropriate my images and like turn them to barf. Plus I've never really liked trends so stuff like health goth and vapor wave and lil b get really old really fast to me, and people who receive their cultural cues from the internet tend to turn out like irreverent jerks or entitled perma-introspectors 80% of the time. The internet doesn't really support very much education in the way of courtesy, balance, or empathy that is more than shallow.

party skele 2.jpg