Sets [DTK] Dragons of Tarkir Spoilers Thread

nope but sometimes I use the images in something else I've made. My current display picture I made after a series of text replacement pictures of the caged baby picture appeared in my art group. I just really love alien fonts lol. Omg I think this is the farthest off topic we've ever gone guys! Hahahha look at all the ugly image artifacts. I probably should have cleaned it up a bit but often the idea is to make it look horrible / resemble memes.
alien cage.jpg

No I make a lot of silly computer art so memes kinda bother me because I've seen other people appropriate my images and like turn them to barf. Plus I've never really liked trends so stuff like health goth and vapor wave and lil b get really old really fast to me, and people who receive their cultural cues from the internet tend to turn out like irreverent jerks or entitled perma-introspectors 80% of the time. The internet doesn't really support very much education in the way of courtesy, balance, or empathy that is more than shallow.

View attachment 304

(JUST HIS FANCY WAY OF SAYING HE'S MAD THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE AS MANY ONION LAYERS AS THE SHREK)

Nah but I see your point. You come off as a bit of an elitist, though. I'm still suggesting that from now on people cardlink old fogey everytime they mention you by name. COOD TURN OUT 2 BE A KEWL MAY-MAY, YO.

God I hate watching Heroic on camera, but not as much as G/W Manifest. I really hope that we see less of both of them around.

It's just not interesting at all to me. There's not much decision making to be done from what I've seen of U/W Heroic and playing against it. Most of the time it was drop a dude, protect the dude, ride him to victory off Ordeal of Thassa and whatnot. It's just so easy when you have spells that blank most spot removal really efficiently while also simultaneously buffing your guys and creating massive swings. There's really a limited window for another deck to answer an early Hero or Hoplite. Then again, if you can efficiently deal with their threats and rip their hands apart early, they really can't do shit to you.

I just don't like watching the deck at all. I love control mirrors and watching stuff like Mono-Red just navigate through midrange and control matches. I just like seeing more important decision making in matches I suppose. With UWr Heroic, I just don't see it as much as I'd like.

I like combat tricks and Prowess, but I really don't like Heroic and suiting up with Ordeals or use of Gods Willing. Maybe I'm still salty from Theros limited and dealing with Wingsteed Riders.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
A lot of Heroic vs. midrange/control matchups are an intricate dance, it's not as simple as just putting pants on a guy and bashing them. There's often more play to it than to Mono Red.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Here and here are a few sweet U/W heroic matchs. Game 2 in video 1 (starts at 20:15) and game 3 in video 2 (starts at 26:24) are very intricate, with a lot of tight play. Way more interesting than just curving out with red dudes i.m.o.

I'm not saying that there aren't cool matches featuring U/W Heroic, but after playing 4/5 matches against it at FNM for like 2 straight weeks and seeing it in like 50% of an SCG stream like a month back I'm tired of it.

From personal experience playing against it, it's just so easy for them to curve out accordingly. Sure, if you Thoughtseize them and have the removal to deal with their creatures one-for-one on time that's different, but if you don't, then you fall pretty far behind trying to deal with a steadily growing creature pretty much backed by 1 and 2 mana counterspells (Gods Willing, Feat of Resistance). And then if they're low on cards somehow, it's super easy to refill with blue Ordeal while growing the creature and applying more pressure. I just didn't like how easy it was for the deck to just rebuild on the fly or just run over decks with a single creature backed by protection.

In contrast, I love seeing Mono-Red right now in a world with Coursers, Caryatids, and all the manner of efficient red and black removal. There are just so many roadblocks and it's way cooler seeing them navigate their small guys while trying to push through lethal, where every life gained could be setting them back one spell or attack.

I just added Silumgar Sorcerer literally like 2 minutes ago, hope to see it in action sometime soon. Seems like a sweet card. And it's a wizard so Riptide Lab synergy.

Wonder if I'll see a janky Lab/Sorcerer/Gravecrawler lock someday.

Drafted DTK/DTK/FRF tonight at LGS, went 2-0-1 splitting with my friend, and I have to say that the format is pretty cool so far. I still hate how opening an on color rare in FRF basically gives you an almost unstoppable bomb (I opened a Hordechief, was passed a Silumgar). I think the sweetest thing I did all night was rebuying and using a Douse In Gloom 3 times off of Monastery Loremaster and Sibsig Muckdraggers. It was pretty brutal.

Yea, I've drafted the set twice now. Plays better than expected. I went U/B both times without really wanting to, but no one was taking any of the U/B stuff. Proceeded to win games in a grindy fashion the first draft with a deck built around 2 U/B uncommon dragons and exploiters. That 3/1 from FRF felt especially dirty here. Second draft, got Profaner of the Dead and once again won many a game off of exploiting my early blockers. Also had the 5 drop FRF demon passed to me. Go figure.

I have to agree, it has been better than I had anticipated. My suspicion that Dragons goes better with Fate turned out to be true.

Just threw down 20 on playsets of the whole megamorph 2 drop cycle. If none of these see tourney play, color me surprised. I wanna make profit, damn it!