Sets [EMN] Eldritch Moon Spoilers Thread

Thalia's promo art really lost me on her face- at least the low-res images we have make it look pretty bad. Pack art is great and I'm glad for it.
unsubstantiate.jpg

This is... interesting. We get this effect so rarely. Anywhere unsummon is good enough or close this has to be gas, right?
I don't know how I missed that before. Holy shit that's cool.

That's pretty cute that he turns them all into/makes delvers.

In the latest "inside magic" or whatever the youtube interview series is called, they talked about a 'scale of eldraziness,' one being an ordinary citizen, five being full-on tentacle monster. I imagine when you get that far you've lose your previous identity / you're colorless now.

lonerider.jpg
itthatridesasone.jpg

This thing seems pretty strong... a single equipment or pump spell leads to a significant upgrade... front strike on the front side really makes it. (EDIT: Ojutai's Command wombo combo- just be sure to use it at the end of their second main so the trigger makes it!)
niblisoffrost.jpg

Much more exciting / fun than Dungeon Geists IMO. Pretty good clause to tack onto everything.
sanctifierofsouls.jpg

The dreaded white 4-CMC slot; but looks pretty interesting for lower power level stuff- I'm not sure mono white has gotten repeatable 'processing' into spirits?

How do we all feel about unsubstantiate? Is the raw flexibility of this sort of effect good enough over, say, miscalculation? I suppose it depends on the decks you are trying to support...

Really like the Nibilis of Frost too. Toned down control effect and wincon at 4 mana, that interacts with instants/sorceries? Nice. Is this just better 'spells' payoff in U than Talrand is?

I suspect unsubstantiate is going to be really good. It's a janky Into the Roil and a janky Remand, but because it's both that flexibility may push it over the edge of playability. Not 100% sure though since I never did care for non-kicked Into the Roil.

On the fence with Niblis. I really like the ETB effect on Dungeon Geists. This new dude is slower, but he has more synergy potential, gets bigger and can tap multiple dudes if you plan accordingly (plus targets stay tapped one turn after he dies), so higher ceiling? I'm definitely testing that.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
lonerider.jpg
itthatridesasone.jpg

This thing seems pretty strong... a single equipment or pump spell leads to a significant upgrade... front strike on the front side really makes it. (EDIT: Ojutai's Command wombo combo- just be sure to use it at the end of their second main so the trigger makes it!)

Another thing to note is that if anyone's still doing the ajani's pridemate deck, this guy is nice side support that is also fine if you just throw bonesplitter on it

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
In list Niblis of Frost is an instant hit in my mind. Who was it again that said we run too many etb effects anyway? This is a nice departure from that trend. Will likely replace Mistfire Adept in my cube.

Lone Rider seems strong, I run both double Bonesplitter and double Seeker of the Way in my cube!

Edit: My autocorrect turned Niblis into "In list". Luckily this did not seem to affect people's understanding of my comment :D

In list of Frost is an instant hit in my mind. Who was it again that said we run too many etb effects anyway? This is a nice departure from that trend. Will likely replace Mistfire Adept in my cube.

Lone Rider seems strong, I run both double Bonesplitter and double Seeker of the Way in my cube!
Nibilis seems like a perfect analogy to Mistfire. Very cool. I do also really like lone rider and how it let's you go ~deep~ to get that nice bonus :). Not sure where I'd slot it in, but I do appreciate ways to value stuff like equipment that isn't double strike.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
In list of Frost is an instant hit in my mind. Who was it again that said we run too many etb effects anyway? This is a nice departure from that trend. Will likely replace Mistfire Adept in my cube.

How have you liked mistfire in general/how have people been playing it? I really like the card, but I believe your format is higher power.

I like the idea of it being a higher power mistfire analogue.