General Fight Club

Doomed Traveler is great. I agree. Boros Elite should be strong if you can trigger batalion consistently (i.e. in removal light environments). So it depends how much removal you run I think. Could be wrong though.

boros elite is really good or really bad with no middle ground so small sample sizes lead to not seeing the mean

2wf0o7n.jpg

Laz

Developer
vs.

Ghoultree does have a relevant creature type for the sorts of decks which are keen on filling their yard, but asks so much more up front. 10/10 is indeed huge...

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
lol, as one of the few people that has had to actually make that choice....I went with ghoultree. The single green in the CC combined with the better creature type made the difference. You have to have something sweet to combo with undead alchemist after all.

However, in a less graveyard focused cube, I could see nemisis being correct, as the lower CC makes naturally casting it more reasonable.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I can't see myself cutting either card. Lavamancer is just a perfectly designed card and Spikeshot is amazingly fun with the Heroic theme.

In a typical cube list though, Lavamancer is the better card.

Spikeshot Elder carries auras and equipments fantastically. Grim Lavamancer does not. Spikeshot Elder can become a mana sink. Grim Lavamancer can not. Spikeshot Elder will go into the red zone AND poke 'em for you. Grim Lavamancer will not. Spikeshot Elder wants to be friends with all your anthems, silverhearts, pump spells, and +1/+1 counter distributors. Grim Lavamancer cares not for such things. Sure, Grim Lavamancer will give you a SEEMINGLY better offer upfront. But in the longrun it will always pay off to invest in an old goblin.

Vote Spikeshot Elder 2016

Is anyone up for some good Fiht Club discussions anymore or is this thread dead?

We should probably have an archive for dead threads....(so they're easier to find for reference?)