Sets [M21] M21 Previews!

I will say that this set is pretty stacked for black 3 drops, though
Add another to the pile, if you're a lifegain-matters kinda builder:
silversmoteghoul.jpg

Yeah, I think by a good margin it's better than Flight of Fancy, but that's not saying much. Still gets blown out by instant speed removal (though 3 mana is a lot better than 4).

It's not good in Drake Haven control-madness, and the 3 mana make it not great with madness overall. Reanimator classically doesn't play many cheap creatures aside from looters, which you don't really want to buff. I think this is closer to less swingy One with the Wind than to any madness synergies, but it does inspire graveyard decks to be more aggressive.

so many cool themes have been getting support while i’ve been gone!
i love the “draw a second card” theme, but i kind of agree that Green doesn’t need it. if i ran it in my cube though... yeah i’d probably use it in RUG.
and the theme that red caravan girl pushes is so nice for encouraging a fun kind of... not sideways but maybe tangential? draft strategy. i really like giving people cards like this that allow them to focus harder on a certain part of the card they usually don’t even notice.
last thing i have to say is that i need that UB stitcher lady in my Evolving Wilds of Innistrad cube yesterday!

My cube is not cool enough to run tight themes like +1/+1 counters, Dimir Saboteurs, Aristocrats etc. so instead I run lose themes. My blue theme is flash.

B50118BA-5670-4D92-A935-BBCC9CB2D559.jpeg

This card might be a bit expensive but I think it is quite cool. My guess is the first two options could just as well be a ‘Choose one’ because they will very rarely be chosen for the same spell. It has sort of a Casualties of War/Cryptic Command feel to it.

Do you guys think it is too expensive/not interesting?

Reactions: XRS

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I think this card is super expensive, but it has significant blowout potential! It's hard to evaluate, because while doing everything is powerful, it comes at too a steep price for a regular counterspell, cantrip, or bounce spell. That said, Cryptic Command proved to be very powerful at 4 mana, because it's so versatile. This is even more versatile, and it also maximizes its effects, targets willing. It's not hard to imagine a situation where you counter their big spell, bounce a permanent they can't replay this turn, draw a card, and copy a utility creature, even if it's something as innocuous as a Cloudkin Seer. Is that worth six mana? I do think it is. Can you afford this spell in your deck? Eeeeh, depends on your other interaction? You can't usually afford too many big spells after all! Love the design, love the art, and love the potential.

My cube is not cool enough to run tight themes like +1/+1 counters, Dimir Saboteurs, Aristocrats etc. so instead I run brought themes. My blue theme is flash.

View attachment 3240

This card might be a bit expensive but I think it is quite cool. My guess is the first two options could just as well be a ‘Choose one’ because they will very rarely be chosen for the same spell. It has sort of a Casualties of War/Cryptic Command feel to it.

Do you guys think it is too expensive/not interesting?

This is also our 31 options card. I think this card is a little on the expensive side, but the fact that it's an instant helps a lot. Seems good!

Super agree Onde and Mr Train.

Very expensive and with huge blowout potential. I saw someone writing he was most looking forward to murdering an opponent’s attack by bouncing an attacking dude while creating a copy of a dude to completely wipe one side of the board during enemy attack phase.

Super agree Onde and Mr Train.

Very expensive and with huge blowout potential. I saw someone writing he was most looking forward to murdering an opponent’s attack by bouncing an attacking dude while creating a copy of a dude to completely wipe one side of the board during enemy attack phase.

You could probably even stop some activated ability that's triggered in the attack step as well, for added blow out potential!

If someone's curious as to why it has 31 options, it's the sum of the ways you can can choose 1 mode, 2 modes, 3 modes, 4 modes and modes 5, which is 5+10+10+5+1 = 31 :)

It's almost like a mini Ultimatum. I really like it. None of the effects are too brutal, but they'll really add up.

I love Radha's design. A 3/3 for 3 is a great baseline body. It's offering a very RG way to "draw" cards. And it has a sweet ability for later in the game when your land-count/ramp deck is up and running. Nothing backbreaking, just a really solid card.

My guess is the first two options could just as well be a ‘Choose one’ because they will very rarely be chosen for the same spell.

The situation where I could see both being used is against a “spells matter” deck: counter an instant and the Young Pyromancer token too. The trouble is, that is the archetype that might be most keen to play this card.