Sets [M21] M21 Previews!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Now that we are on aestetics and frames.

Which Teferi do you prefer?

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&order=released&q=!"Teferi, Master of Time"&unique=prints

And if you had to include 2 into your cube?

ba95c4fc-f0fc-4bfe-bef7-694c3d82a6c7.jpg

2 copies of this one for me

I like 281 and 293. Always a sucker for full art cards, and that blue-on-blue of 293 is boppin'

Wow! Those were my exact same choices before I asked the question.

ba95c4fc-f0fc-4bfe-bef7-694c3d82a6c7.jpg

2 copies of this one for me

Okay cool. I always prefer having different art for duplicate cards. But that is just me. I normally run a small % of planeswalkers in my cube so I never duplicate a planeswalker but I have recently made a change in policy with the Garruk tribal.

3A5026EF-D4B7-4038-85EE-E7A6D9A9BF04.jpeg F6FC313A-B09F-458E-982B-454EA09A5A14.jpeg

And now I wish to duplicate Teferi, Master of Time with two different artworks to present him as a time traveler arriving here from two different destinations in time.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Very happy to see Conclave Mentor, now we just need the UG one and the RG one (which Chris used to run already!)

Heartfire Immolator is less exciting for me but far more necessary. Red desperately needs good 2-drops and Abbot of Keral Keep kept performing worse than it looked so I'm glad we have access to this

This guy is dope:

Good aggressive body, relevant typing, and he plays super well with recursive aggro and aristocrat style decks. Carrion Feeder + Gravecrawler + flashing out this guy to refuel your hand sounds like a fun time.

Well, a 3/1 for 3 ain't nuthin' to write home about, but a zombie knight is always relevant to my interests. I dunno, though. I ran Caller of the Claw for a while and holding up 3 mana every turn for when combat went south was always pretty awkward. Black does have a lot more sac outlets, though, so it might be okay. Worth testing, at least.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It was also at the beginning of the sentence when I quoted XRS :) It was all over the place so I figured “Let’s add another reckoner to the fold.”

Hahahahaha, I hadn't even noticed that :') Though, I guess doubling up on Reckoner isn't the worst idea if you want to make this archetype happen :D